Uh Oh, What Does This Red Light Mean On My Honda Click?

jsflynn603

I've a rented Honda Click which I've been enjoying for a week. Last night I took it out after dark and noticed that the light that illuminates the speedometer vacillates between green and red. It sort of turns red, then green then red.... In my book "red" means bad. The rental place's phone number is "not in service" so there is no assistance there. Anyone have any idea what this means. The fuel gauge is 3/4 full. The lights operate properly with no dimming at low rpm (which might mean a bad alternator) Perhaps it's merely programmed to do this around Christmas?

To most Thai motorcyclists red light means go faster... Oh, you mean ON the motorcycle itself.... :rolleyes:

Is it perhaps some indication of fuel efficiency - too slow fuel use/km is high, too fast fuel use/km is high also?

There is such a system on Honda cars.

Edited by phaethon

Yup, I checked the oil right off. I stopped by Mr. Mechanic where I rented it and the fella there said it meant nothing. But to be sure, I'll try to go faster....it's safer that way in CM anyway... rather pretty, it is. Holiday colors, I guess.