Nigerian Man Arrested In Bangkok With 2kg Cocaine Worth US$175,000

webfact

Do they bother you in any way, or do you see them as your competition?

We all came here for different reasons. I believe anyone involved in nefarious activities should be locked up for a long time, and then shown the way out no matter where that person comes from.

You'll agree with me that Africans are not the only ones arrested here for drug related offences and other crimes. Like a poster said, "If there's no demand, there'll be no supply."

A tree will have to be uprooted to stop it from growing back. Going to press after arresting a middle man is plain stupid because the others will go into hiding. Probably they don't want to arrest them.

Edited by bonobo
removed quote which has since been deleted

One Nigerian arrested, how many more on the streets? About time the BIB, and the "Tourist" Police, and the others from CSD, round up the area of Soi 3, 5 and 7 again and do some clean up. It would give them an opportunity to clean the sidewalks of the Ghanean and "african nations" prostitutes who are now competing with the local ones withut a work permit.

While they're at it, they should also stop, search and test everyone irrespective of nationality for drugs, so we'll know how many of us here are really clean.

Have to say there's a burgeoning class of undesirables appearing on the scene.

The influx of africans ( male and female ) is particularly noticeable. Wandering around between Soi's 3 & 7 i fail to see what they are 'bringing to the table'.

I spoke ( nothing else ) with a couple of tanzanian ladies of the night. They spoke with nothing but contempt for the african guys.

In terms of both genders, how have they got visas? I felt quite sorry for these ladies. In terms of 'tomming' they are at the bottom of the food chain. Go with one at your peril.

The arabs I've encountered have to be amongst the most surly people I've ever met. They rarely conceal their contempt for thais. Not surprising they arent flavour of the month with thais.

There also appears to be increasing numbers of much younger 'farangs'. They've been priced out of Spain/Greece and now Thailand is a cheaper option.

Manners, empathy, courtesy, respect etc etc are at a real premium with this lot.

Wander round Soi's 6/7/8 and Soi bukhao in pattaya, and you'll encounter some real dregs of society. Leeches, barflies, plonkies, delusionists.

It's no wonder the thais who live and work in these tourist 'attractions' are world weary, cynical and money grabbing. 'If you cant beat 'em lets join 'em' they must think.

The thais I meet in the non tourist areas are a completely different kettle of fish, and the legendary LOS stereotype is still very much in evidence.

I read many posts on here from posters who belittle thais as a race, question their honesty and generally show a total lack of respect.

Sure there are things that could be better, but that's the case everywhere.

If Thais who were migrants to Australia, the Uk etc were openly critical of the 'native population', how do you think those natives would react.

We are guests in their country. If we dont like it, we have a choice.

• 2 months later...

These filthy cockroaches (drug dealers) have occupied my soi 13, sukhumvit. They have just bought into a bar right next door to my condo. They also sit at the end of the soi and have totally taken over the street bar. Try sitting there for more than 1 min before a friendly brother approaches you " new to BKK and just wants to find friends" :bah:

Bring back Thaksin!!!! problem solved

wow good to hear from you I am also on soi 13 and trying to get management to do something about the Pool 13 Bar and the coffee shop, standing outside the Condo Friday three came over to see about my Iphone and just then the security came out and they took off.

I have been trying to get Police to come and nothing happening.

Noise outside opposite the Ambassador and the manager there says not our problem.

They come into the Condo to hang out in Lobby and Use the toilet and try and do business and Security is not doing anything about it.

Most of the owners do not live here so they only rent, and we are trying to get a petition up of those that are affected on soi 13 side for the committee meeting on Sat.

If you can and would want to be in on trying to get them evicted or at least to stay inside the bar Pool room and get the coffee shop owner to not put chairs and tables outside, please contact me.

I am an owner that is trying to do something about this problem.

Every night til about 5:30 am and they are pulling up in taxis from all over Bkk to make this their location for partying and business.

I was told any hour of the night past midnight they should not be allowed disturbing the peace of a residential condo?

thanks for any help on this matter, and sorry if this is not where this should be discussed but was pleasantly surprised to see what you wrote about soi 13 and the African take over of this area recently and hopefully some others might do something to protect their homes.

I never talk to them when they confront older farang as myself but some I see at Villa and on the street giving money and their telephone number to these people who seem to work in crews of two or more?

Hey i love soi 13 suk road great for watching the world go by, cheap beer and street food no girls hassling you. Not nice when the Africans start pissing all over the street though.