Singapore Visa Run

Hi Everybody, I am planning to make a quick visa run on 24th Dec. to Singapore from Bangkok. I have a non B visa, Is there gonna be any problem if I'll just to go in to Singapore from airport, stay there like 2-3 hours and go out to catch my flight? Any help will be much appreciated.

No problem, but why go to Singapore if you're not staying to enjoy the city, a land border will net the same result at significantly lower cost :)

With a Non B visa and a WP will I have to leave the country every three months also.?I have just recently got my first 90 days in Laos and am waiting for more paperwork from the employer for the one year extension.

As far as I am aware it is wrong yes. You can get a multiple re-entry permit and I can't see why they would issue those if you never needed more than one, so unless the rules have changed recently your lawyer is mistaken.

Edited by inthepink

A re-entry permit is required for any travel outside Thailand while on an extension of stay in order to return on the same permitted to stay. If you buy a multi entry re-entry permit it will be valid for unlimited use during that period so only one would be required for the full extension of stay (entering that number in visa area of arrival card on each return).

If ur on a extrension to stay permit you NEED a re entry permit each time u leave the country.

Otherwise ur extension will not be given when u return and u will only get the 30 day entry ( by air) or 15 day if by land. plust u will need to stat ur visa process all over!!!!

Best things is when u apply for ur extension after u have it give it to the next guy and apply for the multiply re entry permit at the same time

so total cost

1,900 + 3,800= 5,700 baht

I've done visa runs on two occasions to Singapore by simply passing through immigration, lunching with a colleague, and returning through to catch the next flight back to BKK. Never actually left Changi. No problems though the look from the immigration official on the second return was priceless. I'm sure they have a stream of people with airport meetings so can't imagine any issues.

Edited by dvdcm

I've done visa runs on two occasions to Singapore by simply passing through immigration, lunching with a colleague, and returning through to catch the next flight back to BKK. Never actually left Changi. No problems though the look from the immigration official on the second return was priceless. I'm sure they have a stream of people with airport meetings so can't imagine any issues.

Warning! I did this trick years ago in 1997, just flew to Singapore Airport and got on the same plane coming back. Changi even has it's own transit lounge Hotel with conference facilities it makes it ideal for short meetings between personnel based within Asean, there is no need to enter Singapore.

The Law just says that you must leave the Country, it does not stipulate that you must enter another Country. Nevertheless the Thai Immigration called me in for interrogation. This was at the time that a Company were flying passports to Hawaii where the Honoury Thai Consol (a Japanese), was issuing visas without you having to leave Thailand. Therefore these passports did not have an exit or renentry stamp.

Anyway they did not take kindly to what they considered to be taking the Mickey out of the Thai system. As far as they are concerned you must enter another Country and get an entry/exit stamp even the the Law does not state that you must enter another Country. Consequently they declined to extend my permission to stay and I had to leave the Country and come back in again and apply for an extension of stay based on marriage.

As far as they are concerned, they (and Interpol - anti drugs, anti terrorism) need to track where you go, so staying in limbo land (Transit Lounge) causes their Computer system to spit the dummy. Personaly I think just flying to KL or Singapore and getting on the same plane back is a great wheeze and perfectly legal. However, as we all know, there is the Law and then there is TIT, better not to upset them. Remember Thailand is the Land of Smiles so better to grin and bear it.

Estrada

Edited by Estrada

At that period of time there was a problem at Bangkok airport with people flying nowhere and coming back through opened doors to the arrivals area. That is no longer an issue and no check is made for stamps except for land border crossings. The requirement indeed is that you exit Thailand and enter another country prior to return. Those that have failed to enter Cambodia after exit of Thailand and who had to return or stay in limbo were subject to arrest and deportation for illegal entry. It makes sense to take the five minutes immigration in Singapore requires to be legal.

Interesting views here. On the subject of having a stamp to show that you entered another country, not all countries stamp you in and out. The UK does neither for UK passport holders so it is not possible to know where you have been if you go to the UK and then return to BKK. When I last left the UK there was not even an immigration official on the exit booth in terminal 3. However you could hardly get stamped out of Thailand and get stamped back in within a few hours, having travelled to the UK. Just wonder if any other countries have such lax procedures for their nationals.

Most European Countries will not stamp your passport if you yourself are an European Citizen.

I cross borders all the time and do not get any stamps.

It is completely normal here where you might just pop over the border to do some shopping etc.