Digital Audio Cable

sceadugenga

Scea,

are we talking Digital Co-axial or Digital Optical ?

The speakers are Wireless so what are you connecting ? Somesort of wireless transmitter to a pc !?

What length do you need ? I may have a Digital optical cable somewhere, I'll have a look this evening if its the type your after

We've heard of a place that sells sound stuff near the Clock Tower Jubby, an investigatory expedition will be made today.

What the plan is, some sort of transmitter will be connected to the PC then the speakers can be moved around the house and garden at will.

I'm not sure about the cable, I confess my role is purely observatory, my neighbour, who knows everything, is in charge of the actual work.

I believe the term "fibre digital audio" was used to describe the cable.

I'll get back to you if we have no luck today.

Your neighbor is correct.

The correct term for an Optic cable : Optical Fiber Cable ODT-ODT (ODT Plug is the male plug). A 5 meter cable cost me in the middle east about $6.50 or 195 lets say 200 baht. But I can probably guarantee that Thailand will not sell the cables at that price and will be a lot more. Let me know how much you end up paying and how long the cable is?

My cables are Hama brand made in Germany: www.hama.de

00029990abb.jpg

Edited by Garry

We've heard of a place that sells sound stuff near the Clock Tower Jubby, an investigatory expedition will be made today.

What the plan is, some sort of transmitter will be connected to the PC then the speakers can be moved around the house and garden at will.

I'm not sure about the cable, I confess my role is purely observatory, my neighbour, who knows everything, is in charge of the actual work.

I believe the term "fibre digital audio" was used to describe the cable.

I'll get back to you if we have no luck today.

That'll be a Optical one then. Sounds like a cunning Plan. I'd be interested in a set up like that myself

Go past the Old Bus Station on the left side of the road before the turning down to the Flower Market there is an Audio Lighting and Sound shop, situated in the row of shops prior to that turning to the market ,its mainly used by the night clubs etc for all their needs, I am sure you will find what you want there, but im no P.I. :D

Thanks everybody, we have one on order to pick up this afternoon.... so I've been told, details later.

Part of the master plan (walk first then run) is to connect the computer to the TV by a similar system and play video from there, the current system of putting them on a memory stick then plugging it into DVD player doesn't always work... a format problem I'm told.

I like the idea of the sound system because I can make up play lists from iTunes etc on my computer without messing around burning it to CD.

Sound quality isn't really an issue, I'm deaf and the Mrs friends would dance to a comb and tissue paper after two drinks. :rolleyes:

Thanks everybody, we have one on order to pick up this afternoon.... so I've been told, details later.

Part of the master plan (walk first then run) is to connect the computer to the TV by a similar system and play video from there, the current system of putting them on a memory stick then plugging it into DVD player doesn't always work... a format problem I'm told.

I like the idea of the sound system because I can make up play lists from iTunes etc on my computer without messing around burning it to CD.

Sound quality isn't really an issue, I'm deaf and the Mrs friends would dance to a comb and tissue paper after two drinks. :rolleyes:

Trying to WIFI your computer to your TV (Plasma/LCD?) could be costly in peripherals. Getting yourself a long RS232 cable from PC to TV would be an easier, cheaper route. Providing also that your graphics card in your PC is dual monitor capable. Generally most are, but just floating this with you. Unless of course you want to go totally wireless.

B)