Where To Go For Xmas Holidays

too true

I'm in charge of planning a trip to the south for 8 people (2 of them under the age of 5). Me, my husband and 2 kids live and work in Chiang Mai and have got some time off around xmas. My parents (active mid 50s) are coming over with their friends. Hubby and I have never been to the islands. I'm looking for somewhere that's not overpriced or too crowded, and has stuff to do - fishing, snorkelling, things for the kids to do. We'll stay about 10 days. I have absolutely no idea where to go. I was thinking down the Andaman side, just because I've never seen a 'real' tropical beach and they look so fabulous on tv. I want blue water. God knows when I'll get back there again, so it might as well be as perfect as it can possibly be, but also affordable.

Right now I'm looking at Krabi area. Am I on the right track here? I keep being asked where we're going, and I'm getting frustrated that I haven't got an answer for them yet. Any help out there??? I hardly even know where to start.

Thanks a lot guys.

There are many nice places closer to where you are with blue and pristine beaches - just to mention Koh Chang, Koh Samet...

IMO, good infrastructure and robust tourists services can be found in Pattaya, Hua Hin, Koh Samui and Phuket (hope they recovered enough ovel last 8 months).

With mixed family of young and old and relatively long stay (10 days) , I would say you are on the right track if you start with considering one of the 4 developed locations.

Koh Samui and around Phuket would offer those tirquize sea, white sand and palm beaches.

... I would say you are on the right track if you start with considering one of the 4 developed locations.

Koh Samui and around Phuket would offer those tirquize sea, white sand and palm beaches.

I'd agree, I would also add bargains on lodging are to be had in Phuket, and Samui you may find to be uncomfortably crowded.

Koh Chang , Samet and similar offer leisure and solitude, regardless, all will have post card beaches, good luck and enjoy. :o

A beautiful place is Ko Ngai on the Trang/Krabi border.

It's pretty isolated for 10 days; but- I love it and never get sick of it.

I'm even looking at it from a distance right now.

Check out http://www.thapwarin.com/

There are other resorts on the island too. About 6- maybe 7. They were unaffected by the tsunami cause the beach sits on the east coast. Do a search in google.

You can pm me for info about this area.

HH

Thanks heaps guys. Have got some inlaws I've never met in Phuket, and apparently some of them are involved in tourism, so have called them and am waiting to hear what they've got to say. Maybe 10 days is too long in one place? Better to break it into 5 and 5 in 2 places, maybe....

HH, I'm checking out that website as I write this. I'll be Pm ing you fairly soon, I'd say, for more info.

Cheers...