Getting To Koh Chang

dave111223

I'm driving to Koh Chang on Jan 2nd for holiday, but we have 3 people who won't fit in the car and trying to find transportation for them.

We have called several van drivers and they all want at least 5,500THB per way (total 11,000THB) including gas. Which seems to me a total rip off (maybe because its only being divided by 3 people, if it was 9 people or so it wouldn't seem to bad).

Anyone have any other suggestions and what the prices should be? They would prefer not to take the bus, but at 11,000THB it seems tempting.

EDIT: I'm traveling from Bangkok

Edited by dave111223

Just take the bus, it's fine, certainly more comfortable than a van imo. There are two every morning (7:45 & 9:45) that leave from Ekkamai that go directly to the the pier where you take the ferry across to the island. Around 5 hours and under 300 baht.

If they want to leave at different times they have to take the bus to Trat, then take a songtheow or taxi to the pier to catch the ferry. So better to get the bus directly to the ferry.

We ended up renting a taxi (car) instead of a van, for 3000 per way including gas.

How about renting a 2nd car only about 1000 Baht/day. That's if you've got someone to drive it.

I'd be interested to know which car rental company? I was looking at the Thaivisa Car Rental page and on there it was quoting me at least 12,000 for 6 days. And once you figure in gas (probably 1000-1500THB each way it's pretty expensive)