Ducati: New Factory In Thailand

MrYogi

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a quick comment, I saw yesterday a big sign with the Ducati logo near the Tesco Lotus Bowin (Chon Buri) presenting many jobs openings and walking interviews, the Ducati factory must be in the area and not too far from the opening...

Just my 2 cents.

Just a quick comment, I saw yesterday a big sign with the Ducati logo near the Tesco Lotus Bowin (Chon Buri) presenting many jobs openings and walking interviews, the Ducati factory must be in the area and not too far from the opening...

Just my 2 cents.

Correct addresss :

#7 Moo 3, Amata Ind Estate, Sriracha

Sorry guys, the whole thing is not true... No Ducati is not opening a factory in Thailand...

According to some (massimo.davoli(youknow)ducati.com), "Ducati never had intension to start or incorporated themselves in any production in Thailand"

Chalk up yet another FAIL for Richard... :rolleyes:

Sorry guys, the whole thing is not true... No Ducati is not opening a factory in Thailand...

According to some (massimo.davoli(youknow)ducati.com), "Ducati never had intension to start or incorporated themselves in any production in Thailand"

As you maybe can read, I based my statement on information received from Mr. Massimo Davoli, email is included.

So I would more say that the internal information system at Ducati FAIL...

Anyway with Ducati assembly/factory in Thailand you maybe finally can afford a Ducati :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As you maybe can read, I based my statement on information received from Mr. Massimo Davoli, email is included.

Anyway with Ducati assembly/factory in Thailand you maybe finally can afford a Ducati :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure Richard,

Make all the excuses you like, but as with so many of your other guesses which you try to state as fact you are once again 100% WRONG.

I can afford a Ducati today and rather fancy the 848 but find they are rather terrible value for money here in Thailand.

Besides, I'm running out of room and the next bike will be a dirt bike or a motard.

110410TonysVersys1SSR.jpg

Happy Trails!

T

Sure Richard,

Make all the excuses you like, but as with so many of your other guesses which you try to state as fact you are once again 100% WRONG.

I can afford a Ducati today and rather fancy the 848 but find they are rather terrible value for money here in Thailand.

Besides, I'm running out of room and the next bike will be a dirt bike or a motard.

110410TonysVersys1SSR.jpg

Happy Trails!

T

Hi Tony, you know you need a Ducati, must be getting boring just riding your bikes and not having to do much work on them :)

Buy the way, if you hear of an 848 getting parted out, let me know. I'm after a front end for a BiTubo ECH29 cartridge kit. Unfortunately the kit doesn't fit 04 999S Ohlins forks, but I want to a radial brake upgrade, so it helps for both...suspension & braking. I've heard already of guys racing in the states who havre done the 848 conversion on thier 999's. Some I'm keen to do it.

Just my 2 cents.

Awesome! Keep the info coming.

A big hurrah for globalization!

It will depend on pricing strategy. Mercedes Benz for example produces cars in Thailand and they still cost twice the money sold here then the same car in the west. Ducati is similar market segment as Benz in Thailand (super VIP) so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for the new affordable low prices...giggle.gif

...I'm after a front end for a BiTubo ECH29 cartridge kit. Unfortunately the kit doesn't fit 04 999S Ohlins forks, but I want to a radial brake upgrade, so it helps for both...suspension & braking. I've heard already of guys racing in the states who havre done the 848 conversion on thier 999's. Some I'm keen to do it.

For an 04 999s Ohlins fork, the Ohlins superbike internals drop in and are a fantastic upgrade for chump change in the high end suspension game. Amazing compliance & feedback at big speed, but still streetable. Trick is to find someone who can tune them to your weight/riding style to really make em sing.

...I'm after a front end for a BiTubo ECH29 cartridge kit. Unfortunately the kit doesn't fit 04 999S Ohlins forks, but I want to a radial brake upgrade, so it helps for both...suspension & braking. I've heard already of guys racing in the states who havre done the 848 conversion on thier 999's. Some I'm keen to do it.

For an 04 999s Ohlins fork, the Ohlins superbike internals drop in and are a fantastic upgrade for chump change in the high end suspension game. Amazing compliance & feedback at big speed, but still streetable. Trick is to find someone who can tune them to your weight/riding style to really make em sing.

Thanks for the feed back, I am aware of the Ohlins kits, but I'm sold on the quality and easy 'on the fly' adjustibility and the main thing, how easy they are to work on by oneself. They are something different and turning out to be a proven item at the track.

Regarding Ducati factory it will be set up and ready to produce last quarter of 2011 and first batch of bikes should be sold/export in early 2012.

Ducati groups in Bologna and Thailand are not willing to spread the rumors to not stop the sales for this year. I was willing to buy a 796 and regarding and the delay of 6 months for the delivery my friend in Bologna confirmed that this bike

will be sold around 400.000 bahths next year (catalog price without thai import taxes). I man not here to spread unfounded rumors but cannot disclose the name of my source so far sorry.

Regarding Ducati factory it will be set up and ready to produce last quarter of 2011 and first batch of bikes should be sold/export in early 2012.

Ducati groups in Bologna and Thailand are not willing to spread the rumors to not stop the sales for this year. I was willing to buy a 796 and regarding and the delay of 6 months for the delivery my friend in Bologna confirmed that this bike

will be sold around 400.000 bahths next year (catalog price without thai import taxes). I man not here to spread unfounded rumors but cannot disclose the name of my source so far sorry.

Sounds nice

But hard to believe

Ducati dealers have run a balloon payment leasing, where they have promised to buy back bikes in 2011 and 2012. The bikes will then be 2-3 years old and starts at 300k baht

The new Hypermotard 796's are selling like hotcakes at the current price. Why shold Ducati drop the price and alienate all of their current customers?

The new Hypermotard 796's are selling like hotcakes at the current price. Why shold Ducati drop the price and alienate all of their current customers?

Not to mention the financecompanies, who have paid out like 5-600k for an 848, and then find 848 is reduced to sell at 400k.

Normal marketing strategy in a scenario like this is to gradually reduce markup on new models only, IOW a new model 800cc sells at previous 600cc price. Often this strategy is applied before new factory opens. Lexus is presently subsidising Japs made cars sold in TH, as they will probably soon manufactor them here

Anything else would be death to Ducati TH and its existing dealers

There'd be only one reason, and that is to sell even more bikes ;)

We'll see how it pans out... seems like there's many things Ducati can do for the current dealers, would clearly be bad business to piss them off. If they lower prices it means they have grand plans for SEA and Thailand - they're not content with the number of bikes they're selling now. Might be just wishful thinking of course... :whistling:

^^ BTW I don't think current customers would be "alienated" - maybe they'd be annoyed for a while, but by the time they're ready to upgrade to a new bike they're going to be happy to pay way less. And that's what counts. :D

Ducati will never make the Superbike in Thailand because it will kill their name.

They will start with the Hypermotard 796 and Monster 796 (and it might be only these 2 models for a long period of time).

Prices will be slightly lower for these 2 models. Around 10% cheaper max.

If you know the difference between producing and assembling in thailand you will understand.

Stop dreaming of Ducati half the price in LOS...people.

I am happy I will receive my Made In Italy ;) Monster 1100evo next week :D

• 3 weeks later...

Latest news from Ducati Thonglor. Subject to change of course.

The factory in Thailand will be producing an entry-level 796 Monster and it'll be sold around the 400k (+) THB mark. Not sure it'll have the same specs as the current model made in Bologna though.

Ducati Thonglor have some serious expansion plans to cope with the expected demand.

Btw, the Diavel is Thonglor's fastest selling bike at the moment.

Just sayin, but: with an equally-matched rider, suitably motivated to throw his Italian machinery into a fray, a Diavel would leave a Versys for dead cool.gif . The slowest lap I've seen at SEacon was a local on a 999. Dude was just putting around, having fun on his toy.

• 2 months later...

Just sayin, but: with an equally-matched rider, suitably motivated to throw his Italian machinery into a fray, a Diavel would leave a Versys for dead cool.gif . The slowest lap I've seen at SEacon was a local on a 999. Dude was just putting around, having fun on his toy.

Hey, where'd my vid of me and the diavel go?

The Diavel is a cool looking cruiser (if you're into that kind of thing), but it's certainly not a sport bike and what with it's massive weight, very long wheelbase, lack of cornering clearance and 240 width rear tire. It'll never go around a track like a Versys will. Not dissing the Diavel. It's a cruiser, not a sport bike. Respect to the guy in the vid getting rid of his chicken strips. He had that Diavel leaned over as far as it would go. Which on a 240 isn't very far. ;)

That Diavel is a huge bike! 240 rear tire! Sat on one at the showroom and it's just massive. Was pleasantly surprised to see one at the track today-

July9ThailandCircuitDiavel2SSR.jpg

Not very nimble, but respect for trying!

Tissue please...

Latest news from Ducati Thonglor. Subject to change of course.

The factory in Thailand will be producing an entry-level 796 Monster and it'll be sold around the 400k (+) THB mark. Not sure it'll have the same specs as the current model made in Bologna though.

Ducati Thonglor have some serious expansion plans to cope with the expected demand.

Btw, the Diavel is Thonglor's fastest selling bike at the moment.

Love to hear that :D

Now if they can please make the 848 next, thank you very much. I guess hypermotard or multi would do too.

Yeah well despite the naysayers (or maybe just eternal pessimists) it makes perfect sense. If you take this quote from one of the articles linked to: "Del Torchio appealed for support of the project by the unions, who are concerned, among other things, about Ducati's intention to move some production to Thailand. The Thai plant is said to be only for assembly of bikes sold in the region, but the union's concern is that it may someday also include production of motors."

Well if it's only for bikes sold in the region then it will take advantage of all the tax benefits of producing in the region. That's the whole point.

Chances that Ducati decides to make these locally but still double Thai prices are, I'd say, minimal. If that was their approach to selling bikes then they'd do it everywhere. And they'd also probably be out of business by now...