Hotels/Guesthouses In Rayong, Chantaburi, And Trat

hunghung

In November we stayed at the New Travel Lodge Hotel in Chantaburi . If you book on-line it was 700 altho their website wants about 1400 if you walk in off the street. The Hotel itself has seen better days . At 700 thb it is value and the staff are friendly (altho at the front desk ,nobody spoke much English while we were there) and it is in a good location. Tesco is 5 minutes walk if that is any help. The breakfast is adequate . From there Trat is only about an hour away so you can do what we did and use the hotel as a base.

We also stayed at the Bedrock in Ban Phe mainly to say gidday to Mark, a fellow Aussie. I think Mark charges about 800 per night.

What zen says about the New Travel Lodge is correct. You may also try Laem Sing located at the mouth of the Chantaburi River. Small hotel and also bungalows close to the beach, Bt500 to Bt1000.

In Trat there is SA Hotel, formerly Trat Hotel. Located in center of town with ample off street parking. Double rooms with hot bath and cold aircon start at Bt500. Cheap enough to make this your base while in Trat.

Evidently there is a Trat Hotel which I am not familiar with. I understand that it is located next to the open market and can be quite noisy. We have stayed at SA Hotel several times and find it okay for the price. Our room had a refrigerator which was handy for

cold drinks and other goodies.

In November we stayed at the New Travel Lodge Hotel in Chantaburi . If you book on-line it was 700 altho their website wants about 1400 if you walk in off the street. The Hotel itself has seen better days . At 700 thb it is value and the staff are friendly (altho at the front desk ,nobody spoke much English while we were there) and it is in a good location. Tesco is 5 minutes walk if that is any help. The breakfast is adequate . From there Trat is only about an hour away so you can do what we did and use the hotel as a base.

We also stayed at the Bedrock in Ban Phe mainly to say gidday to Mark, a fellow Aussie. I think Mark charges about 800 per night.

We have a special on for aircon rooms now 650 baht per nite.

Evidently there is a Trat Hotel which I am not familiar with. I understand that it is located next to the open market and can be quite noisy. We have stayed at SA Hotel several times and find it okay for the price. Our room had a refrigerator which was handy for

cold drinks and other goodies.

You have to be on drugs to stay at Trat Hotel or SA Hotel when there's the Rimklong Boutique Hotel for around 800 Baht/night. Cracking little place in the town centre with excellent rooms and a very friendly owner. Easily the best place in town.

You have to be on drugs to stay at Trat Hotel or SA Hotel when there's the Rimklong Boutique Hotel for around 800 Baht/night. Cracking little place in the town centre with excellent rooms and a very friendly owner. Easily the best place in town.

Only problem is that there are only 5 rooms. So reservations are probably a must. Not always possible when you travel with my wife who likes to drop in on friends along the way. Heard both good and bad about SA Hotel. Would never

consider Trat Hotel. Will check out Rimklong the next time we're there.