Regulatory Sign Thailand

challenger99

The included traffic sign stand in a Soi before enter to the Phetchkasem Road.

Sorry for simple and bad question but I don't find this sign and the "real meaning" by google. Some people mean it mean forbidden to turn right but for this I know the black flash in a round plate with red border.

In the same time I like warn Farangs which come close to any Van-Driver which serve to Bangkok Victory monument. It is know and often seen, those driver seldom respect and traffic law and drive very risky even full of (mostly foreign) passenger.

It happen 3 days, I come our from a soi, no car from right side visible on minimum 300 meters. I had to stop my car in the middle if Phetchakasem because I was cut by an other driver turn right into the soi. May car stand minimum 10 seconds as a Van driver from known companies arrive with overspeed close 80 km/h. The driver dream or use mobeli phone and clatch in to my standing car (see pictures). A police officer maintain I am 100% guitly because I come from a Soi to the Phetchkasem and that I would like turn right ..... (absolut lie). My car is damaged rear side right and the van front side right. I if I would stay more 90° North (right turn) Van shall be damaged at right side, but my car stand near 120° left (left turn). I saw the Van from 200 meter without slow down his speed while my car stand absolutly still !!!

The police want force me to sign the report without give me a copy first to let translate in correct English (the English of tourist police anbd tendency FARANG is always guilty was obvious).

With this I like also warn again all Foreigner which drive any vehicle in Thailand !!! N.B. A serious carshop expect my repair part of 8000 THB and the Van driver claim 60'000 THB ???

P.S. sorry for bad English. If I am in the wrong forum pls move me.

The blue sign with white arrow means "Must turn left"

coming from a soi entering Phetckasem, you must yield/stop

The only chance I can see for you to possibly not be at fault, is to find at least two witnesses testify you where standing still long before van hit you

as for the vans damages, its rather damaged and all damages can not be established before removing front bumper, I would go to Toyota with the van and have the repair priced

a police report must be signed before you can take a copy away from policestation, so its your job to provide a translator before you sign it

With a 1st class insurance, your insurance rep would have sorted this for you as good as possible,

Good luck

The blue sign with white arrow means "Must turn left"

coming from a soi entering Phetckasem, you must yield/stop

The only chance I can see for you to possibly not be at fault, is to find at least two witnesses testify you where standing still long before van hit you

as for the vans damages, its rather damaged and all damages can not be established before removing front bumper, I would go to Toyota with the van and have the repair priced

a police report must be signed before you can take a copy away from policestation, so its your job to provide a translator before you sign it

With a 1st class insurance, your insurance rep would have sorted this for you as good as possible,

Good luck

Thank you for quick answer. Happy I turned left even 50% turn right too for this I wasn't sure of the meaning. Bad for me, only one witness in my car!!! But there was immediatly few Thai talking with the Van Driver and giggle after! Police wasn't interest to check "skid marks" of Van to calculate speed and no any white marking on street.

Unfortunately haven't 1st class (but was beliveing) insurance by wrong consulting!!!

Thanks again