Cambodia

mr.buffalo

Just to be pedantic, the $25 on departure is a Departure Tax (Thailand has departure taxes too but you don't see it as it's built into your ticket price). You do not pay if you leave through a land border. You could probably get back to Bangkok on buses with the money you saved and have also avoided a few thousand baht airfare - or more than a few if you opt for Bankok Airways instead of Air Asia.

Take $20 with you - its a fair bit more if you have to give them baht at the Visa on Arrival facility. Dollars are easily obtained once you are landside in Cambodia, as it is the widely used unit of currency for anything that costs over a few dollars. I find that the travel and currency exchanges in the heart of the tourist area on the riverside (Sisowath Quay) are remarkably fair in their dollar exchange rates (at least when I take in pounds they are). Usually not far off the commercial rate and no commissions - very unusual. Baht are widely accepted in Siem Raeap but much less so in Phnom Penh.

Edited by SantiSuk

Just to be pedantic, the $25 on departure is a Departure Tax (Thailand has departure taxes too but you don't see it as it's built into your ticket price). You do not pay if you leave through a land border. You could probably get back to Bangkok on buses with the money you saved and have also avoided a few thousand baht airfare - or more than a few if you opt for Bankok Airways instead of Air Asia.

Take $20 with you - its a fair bit more if you have to give them baht at the Visa on Arrival facility. Dollars are easily obtained once you are landside in Cambodia, as it is the widely used unit of currency for anything that costs over a few dollars. I find that the travel and currency exchanges in the heart of the tourist area on the riverside (Sisowath Quay) are remarkably fair in their dollar exchange rates (at least when I take in pounds they are). Usually not far off the commercial rate and no commissions - very unusual. Baht are widely accepted in Siem Raeap but much less so in Phnom Penh.

Stand to be corrected here, but if you fly into Siem Reap, its $20 for the visa if you have a photo and $23 if you dont....:lol: