Bank Account Access Scam

T_Dog

Got another call on the phone today saying that our K Bank Account has been accessed and if it is us, do nothing, otherwise, call this number. It is a scam and comes from country prefix "88". This happened a few months back and we happened to be near a bank and asked a teller. They confirmed this is a scam to get your account details and some have given it all, thinking it was real call. Might want to pass this along to your Thai partners to be very skeptical about anyone wanting account details. It rides on the shirt tails of the bonafide notification system that banks provide so it is rather clever.

Thanks for the heads up T_Dog, I live by the code of never giving any info what so ever unless I make the call, and then it’s very limited. Unfortunately I could see my wife in the right circumstances telling everything, I love her dearly, but she is a whipped person when it comes to anyone who looks or sounds like there in authority. That’s one reason why she has limited access to sensitive info.