Disturbed Yank Man Stabs Himself In South Pattaya

britmaveric

Disturbed American man stabs himself in front of his neighbors in South Pattaya.

The Sawang Boriboon Rescue Foundation were called to Apartment number 20/293 in Soi 17, South Pattaya, late on Tuesday Night. The complex is owned and managed by Khun Tanaorn. One of the rooms is rented by Mr. Thomas Arbuckle aged 51 from America. On Tuesday Night, screams were heard coming from the room occupied by Mr. Arbuckle who suddenly appeared and began to exit the apartment whilst stabbing himself in the stomach and exposing his intestines. At this point the Police and rescue units were called to the location and the man who was clearly in a severely emotional state was taken to Hospital for treatment. He is known to be experiencing domestic problems back in America and he has been treated on a number of occasions for self-inflicted wounds. He is now undergoing a psychiatric evaluation and we understand the American Embassy has been informed of the case.

-Pattaya City News

Wednesday 24th August 2005

Disturbed American man stabs himself in front of his neighbors in South Pattaya.

The Sawang Boriboon Rescue Foundation were called to Apartment number 20/293 in Soi 17, South Pattaya, late on Tuesday Night. The complex is owned and managed by Khun Tanaorn. One of the rooms is rented by Mr. Thomas Arbuckle aged 51 from America. On Tuesday Night, screams were heard coming from the room occupied by Mr. Arbuckle who suddenly appeared and began to exit the apartment whilst stabbing himself in the stomach and exposing his intestines. At this point the Police and rescue units were called to the location and the man who was clearly in a severely emotional state was taken to Hospital for treatment. He is known to be experiencing domestic problems back in America and he has been treated on a number of occasions for self-inflicted wounds. He is now undergoing a psychiatric evaluation and we understand the American Embassy has been informed of the case.

-Pattaya Mail

Wednesday 24th August 2005

Stupid but sad :o

Sorry but thats my opinion,

This is'nt a suicide attempt its an attention seeking move hence wasting the time of the already rubbish emergency services here.

I pity the guys situation :D but why o why come to pattaya of all places whilst having these problems.

The American Embassy should do the right thing and detain him or fly him back home where he can get proper treatment before he tops himself.

(Maybe idiot is a bit strong but he's not helping himself and there is'nt many folk here that would)

Edited by davethailand

back home he would have had people to talk over his problems with and maybe offer him some comfort and understanding.

here , all he has are the disinterested grinning locals and the disinterested pickled pattaya falangs who can only call this poor guy , at the end of his tether ,whilst attempting suicide , an idiot.

interesting to compare the (lack of )support networks for the falangs here with the informal but solid network of support and friendship amongst thais who live abroad.

Mr. Arbuckle who suddenly appeared and began to exit the apartment whilst stabbing himself in the stomach and exposing his intestines. At this point the Police and rescue units were called to the location and the man
This is'nt a suicide attempt its an attention seeking move

davethailand ...... i have to disagree with you there !!

slashing your forearms and wrists might possibly be seen as a cry for help ,

but repeatedly stabbing oneself in the stomach and exposing ones intestines is surely one big step beyond that.....and possibly a step too far.

Mr. Arbuckle who suddenly appeared and began to exit the apartment whilst stabbing himself in the stomach and exposing his intestines. At this point the Police and rescue units were called to the location and the man
This is'nt a suicide attempt its an attention seeking move
davethailand ...... i have to disagree with you there !!

slashing your forearms and wrists might possibly be seen as a cry for help ,

but repeatedly stabbing oneself in the stomach and exposing ones intestines is surely one big step beyond that.....and possibly a step too far.

Yeh i see your point, whats really disturbing is if he was trying to kill himself then what a lengthy and painful way to do it :o

Thats why i think its sad that he is in pattaya of all places with probably know one who gave a toss about him. :D

I feel for this guy. Must take some balls to stab yourself in the stomach though...Owwie

At least he showed everyone he has guts... :D

What a DISGUSTING remark not even remotely amusing you must truly be a sick individual. :D:D:D

I thought it was funny!

Ever hear of laughing in the face of disaster or bad news?

Different folks react differently to hardship & strife - anyhow, this poor soul who stabbed himself needed a little pharmaceutical help before he took such drastic action. :o

I feel for this guy. Must take some balls to stab yourself in the stomach though...Owwie

At least he showed everyone he has guts... :D

What a DISGUSTING remark not even remotely amusing you must truly be a sick individual. :D:D:D

I thought it was funny!

Ever hear of laughing in the face of disaster or bad news?

Different folks react differently to hardship & strife - anyhow, this poor soul who stabbed himself needed a little pharmaceutical help before he took such drastic action. :o

I to have an excellent pommy sense of humour,however I still maintain that this oversteps the bounds but each to his own. :D