Why Is My Flight Ticket So Cheap?

ged

Hi guys , Happy New Year

I am flying into BKK from Phnom Penh on Chinese New Year and my ticket is less than half the price of tickets for the dates around that time.

Why ?

I just realised that I have never been in Thailand for CNY, am I missing something?

Thanking You,

Your seat is on the wing

Seat, what seat, there's a 50% supplement if sir wants a seat,it's somewhere in the small-print of terms-and-conditions ! But we can sell you a nice plastic-stool, from the duty-free trolley, if sir wishes to sit in the aisle. :rolleyes:

Oh, and did we mention, there's a special-supplement for those passengers, who aren't willing to help pull on the rope, to tow the plane from the terminal to the runway-threshold ? Or push the plane down the runway, to help 'bump-start' the engines. :D

:sorry: must be too much of the Christmas-spirits ! B)

Your seat is on the wing

Seat, what seat, there's a 50% supplement if sir wants a seat,it's somewhere in the small-print of terms-and-conditions ! But we can sell you a nice plastic-stool, from the duty-free trolley, if sir wishes to sit in the aisle. :rolleyes:

Oh, and did we mention, there's a special-supplement for those passengers, who aren't willing to help pull on the rope, to tow the plane from the terminal to the runway-threshold ? Or push the plane down the runway, to help 'bump-start' the engines. :D

:sorry: must be too much of the Christmas-spirits ! B)

Wish every post was as funny as this...great stuff

Years ago I found the emptiest international flights were on Christmas Day as everyone wanted to be at home with family. Maybe the same thing applies with Chinese and New yEAR AND HENCE MORE SEATS AVAILABLE.

Thats possible...I found New Years Eve always used to be cheap as evryone would want to celebrate rather than travel

A friend who lives in Cambodia aslo scored a fairly cheap ticket, PP to BKK during the holiday period which surprised him as he travels often with AA.

Although not a super special it was a lot cheaper than he imagined it would be and wasn't during one of their sales.

So I guess the message is that with AA you take a look on the web, even if you think they may not be cheap.

To those who continue to come on here and rubbish AA, one man's meat is another's poison!

I'm retired and over the last 40 years, when working, have travelled on a lot of the world's airlines, often in First and Business class. I'm a member of the Frequent Flyer clubs of Qantas, United, Singapore Airlines and Cathay Pacific.

For the past 5 years I've had a significant amount of flights with Air Asia all around Asia and to/from Australia.

For what you get and pay, they are fine and the amount of problems and complaints to do with them would be QUITE IN PROPORTION to what would be expected.

Ticket cost $24 US , Bangkok airways on the same day $112 US.

I have flown both before and I would say AA has a better service on this route.

What about Chinese New Year in LOS ? Is it a big deal or is it same same ?