Floral Festival @ Royal Park Rajapruek

junglechef

Haven't seen much about it, unlike the billboards for the Floral Miracle at the 80th Anniversary Commemoration Garden (any comments on this one?) except in Thai Gardening magazines. Before I head out on this busy weekend was wondering if it was worthwhile? What you say??

The Floral Festival at the Royal Park Rajaphrek and the 80th Anniversary Commemeration Gardens Exhibition ae two separate events. The first is a few kilometres South down towards Hang Dong the latter is almost opposite the 700 Year Stadium North on the Canal Road.

The Royal Park is good for a visit whether there's a show on or not. If you haven't been, you should. I haven't yet been to the other one.

Went to Royal Flora early December when there was also a vary good market outside with products and food from all over Thailand.The floral displays were inside.

I think it has finished now, certainly the market has.

Royal Flora is still worth a visit,the Royal Pavilion is quite special, always take friends who are visiting. Lots of different entry prices so be aware.

Not too many crowds there today and a good selection of food stalls at good prices

50 baht entrance (just speak in thai or i suppose show a drivers licence) otherwise 100mbaht, but anyway very good value. we usually go once or twice a year

the little train that goes around every 15 minutes or so - on a hop on hop off basis - is useful to get round the 400 plus rai of gardens but you really get the full benefit by doing some walking. train is 20 baht.

caf