How Is It Living In Sattahip With Children?

Aloha808

Currently my family and I are living in Bangkok with our two young children and would like to relocate before they become schooled age to a different area nearer to the water in addition to not being as busy as here in BKK , a friend has told us a bit about Sattahip so Im asking if anyone would have any personal knowledge about this area or may have any other suggestions that may help. Thank You

Edited by Aloha808

Stayed there a few days.

For family's I guess it's so-so.

It's got a bit of a reputation (from the locals I spoke to) of drunken sailors (navy) out at the week-ends.

Nice geography but not much going on.

Plenty of stuff for single guys into the night scene and you're only a short trip from the costa del sleaze

I'm going to move this over to the Eastern Thailand Forum. Also, there are quite a few families living south of Pattaya, in NaJomtien and Bang Saray. That's where I live. It's closer to Pattaya, but still far enough away. Our village has quite a few families there.

//Moved//

The Sattahip/Ban Chang area is ok, its a bit quiet, close enough to Sin City to go shopping but far enough away as well.

The item you would most certainly need is a car around this area

Been living the area for nearly 10 years so cant all be bad... :lol:

I moved to Sattahip about 3 years ago after almost 20 years in Pattaya. I love it. I am raising my 9 year old niece and I feel this is a much better and healthier environment for her. I am so, so happy to be out of Pattaya.

Having said that, you should come down and spend a few days and look around yourself.

• 1 month later...

WE have booked our kids into a school in sattahip,english progam ,,,kids 3 and 9 yrs,,,and will be moving back to pattaya next week after 2 yrs in korat.

our house in pattaya is still rented out, the wife said she wanted to be near the school[28ks from pattaya]we looked from bang saray to sattahip for a nice village with pool and safe for the kids to play,all seem to either not have village pool or play area[new or old villages] or were in the middle of no where.after bang saray up to sattahip is navy,hard to get to the sea,bangsaray back down to jomiem on the sea side of the hwy is nice i checked the net for rentals ,[pattaya,jomtiem area]house's from 15,000bt up,mainly non village.

We settled for a house back near pattaya a k up the rd from our rented out house in soi satit,or soi greenway[golf range]up from the aqurium,,dark side.only 20/25 min in car to school,5min to jomtiem and 10 min to pattaya there abouts.

The school if interested is called Dhammasiri suksa sattahip run by govt and navy,15,000bt a term english program for 9yr old, 3 1/2 yr old in kindi for now,9,000bt,, already been going nursery 1 yr.i use to send 9yr old to satit,but our neighbours 9 yr old sent her kid to sattahip 3yrs ago and can read and write english well and has improved 200%.

you have to book i year in advance for english progam.

best thing is come for a holiday and look for yourself from jomtiem to banphe, is great.

cat

I lived in Sattahip for 10years with family its ok a nice clean place a lot of crime here though.

There are a lot of expats moving here now.

Wife takes young fellow to garden International every day a long hikeI would like a place over there a few mor things for the family to do and shopping is ok.