no repair from computer shop

I want to warn all tv readers about a IT company's policy.

They wil sell you anything they have, but if it becomes faulty after 10DAYS, they wont fix it, they say they will send it to bangkok and in my case a canon printer, and said it will take at least a month.

Now i need a printer for my business, and its only 3 weeks old so i cannot let it go for up to a month, so i was told to go and fix it elsewhere and told my guarantee is invalid if i do.

I will never buy another thing in that shop, i will go to an independant retailer in samui, even if it costs a little bit more

Edited by sbk
sorry no name and shame

How does any business with this attitude stay in business?

A terrible example.

before this goes any further, i have NEVER had a problem with them, and neither does any of my friends who have bought from there.

i had one laptop that was faulty after 6 months, and they repaired it in store that day .I have also bought other items from them and they have installed software ect and have always been extremely helpful.

Maybe the fault was beyond there repair, thus they have to send to bangkok, remember this is samui !, not so long ago , when my blackberry had faults, it always had to go to Bangkok, luckily now there is a guy in Samui that can repair.

but out of all the computer shops in Samui, bannna IT , being a national company , not some somchai store , Banna IT is still my choice for a computer store

I also have never had a problem with this company. The one thing that did go wrong they fixed it for free. As far as I am aware it is the policy of most companies to simply return the item back to BKK for repair under warranty as that is the place most things here come from.

The other thing that springs to mind is a company that hasn't the capital to replace a printer that is so needed for their business isn't going to last very long. A new printer can be had for a couple of thousand baht and if you get the external ink tanks at the same time runs to just over 3000. ;)

I also have never had a problem with this company. The one thing that did go wrong they fixed it for free. As far as I am aware it is the policy of most companies to simply return the item back to BKK for repair under warranty as that is the place most things here come from.

The other thing that springs to mind is a company that hasn't the capital to replace a printer that is so needed for their business isn't going to last very long. A new printer can be had for a couple of thousand baht and if you get the external ink tanks at the same time runs to just over 3000. ;)

7 years trading, and doing very well, thankyou,

I didn,t say i couldnt afford to get a new one, its an inconvience. i only had it less than 3 weeks

Duncs, you should read the OP's post again. If this is the case then he has every reason to feel pissed off. i also don't think the insinuation that he can't afford a new one gives much validity to your post either.

Fact is, he has been offered no after sales service whatsoever and why should he just swallow it like some dweeb and fork out for another!

I didn,t say i couldnt afford to get a new one, its an inconvience. i only had it less than 3 weeks

So 7 years here trading very well thank you and you still find this type of thing annoying / wrong. :o

:sorry:

But if after this time here you are still miffed then there seems little hope :thumbsup:

So 7 years here trading very well thank you and you still find this type of thing annoying / wrong. :o

But if after this time here you are still miffed then there seems little hope :thumbsup:

Well for what its worth I'd know there is little I can do but it wouldn't stop me being pissed off. ;)

You must be the most easy going guy on the island. You buy something, after three weeks it does'nt work and you just shrug your shoulders and say hey ho!! :lol:

With that happy go lucky attitude you would'nt stay in business here for long ;)

I can't see any fault by the IT shop. Of course there is no Epson, Brother, Canon or what ever repair centre here and of course if someone else will repair it, there will be no guarantee any more. I know that fact since I was a small child with my first cassette recorder back in the sixties. And of course they say 4 weeks, like every shop says at least in such cases.

What's the problem here? If that would be too long just call the repair center in BKK so often that they sent it back to you in 1 week.....!!

A terrible example.

before this goes any further, i have NEVER had a problem with them, and neither does any of my friends who have bought from there.

i had one laptop that was faulty after 6 months, and they repaired it in store that day .I have also bought other items from them and they have installed software ect and have always been extremely helpful.

Maybe the fault was beyond there repair, thus they have to send to bangkok, remember this is samui !, not so long ago , when my blackberry had faults, it always had to go to Bangkok, luckily now there is a guy in Samui that can repair.

but out of all the computer shops in Samui, bannna IT , being a national company , not some somchai store , Banna IT is still my choice for a computer store

If the OP had to edit to delete the name of the company why is it allowed in this post. Surely if you can't name and shame you shouldn't be able to name for good service either.

A terrible example.

If the OP had to edit to delete the name of the company why is it allowed in this post. Surely if you can't name and shame you shouldn't be able to name for good service either.

that was the name of the company being bad mouthed

A terrible example.

Which company are you complaining about, the retailer or the manufacrurer?

I think the blame should lie with the maker of the product for faulty workmanship.

Don't blame the shop for the policies and short falls of the manufacturer.

Sending stuff away for repair is a problem with living away from business centres.

If you were in Bangkok or ChiangMai there wouldn't have been a problem as there are Canon repair centres there.

Not really the shops problem, What do you want them to do ...... be stuck with a secondhand printer and give you a new one?

Profit margins are fairly small on such items, they could have lost a weeks income if they gave you a new one.

I sent a VGA card to be replaced under warranty and it took over a month before I got it. By that time I've already been to Bangkok twice and had I known it'd take that long, I'd deliver it to their service center in Bangkok instead.

They replaced with a brand new one, but turns out there was something wrong with this one too. So, I went to Bangkok and got it replaced there instead. Had to wait just 15 minutes and got another brand new one.

So, if you do go to Bangkok frequently, it's better to get it replaced in their service center in Bangkok.

Major repairs will get sent to service centers in Bangkok and I'd rather be a bit patience and let the center handle the reapair than get it fixed locally and perhaps risking the warranty in the process.

Most of the larger shops provide a 7 day return policy (actually it is an exchange policy, as far as I know, not a cash refund) ..... so if the store mentioned offer 10 days that is better than most...

II agree with Angiud, it is not the store that should be responsible, after the initial time limit, but the manufacturer of the product, Some manufactures have service centres in Surranthanii, so it is a case of the product being shipped over, which is usually overnight. ..... several stores I know will help you with that... In one case I had something sent to BKK which arrived next day. How long it takes can vary, from being a quick turn around to a long drawn out process. (i.e, Sony is terrible,:realangry: ..... Canon very good) .... (cameras)

If there was a population to support service centres, then they would probably set them up, but we live on a small island, so there are just somethings that we have to live with... :o

Edited by samuijimmy

Buy your phone or IT products from HERE.

whats with the ' My Blackberry is Not Working Link ??? ' ..

Nothing wrong with the link, it's just a referal to where to purchase / repair your IT equipment ;)