Cheap Monthly Car Rental In Phuket

mja1906

Are there any car companies that offer cheap car rental on a monthly basis? For most of the sites I have seen its still around 700-1,000bt/day on a monthly basis, are there any better rates than this? Thanks,

Just looking for simple 4door car

You can find cheaper if you look hard enough.

Not sure about insurance - its seems that if you're involved in an incident (or your unlucky/foolish enough to have stopped) with a Thai your screwed anyway. Perhaps it just lightens the blow...financially speaking.

i have some friends that rent for 12k per month. Thats for a half decent Yaris or Vios. PM if you want his number.

Edited by Kernow86

Not sure about insurance - its seems that if you're involved in an incident (or your unlucky/foolish enough to have stopped) with a Thai your screwed anyway. Perhaps it just lightens the blow...financially speaking.

Nonsense, based on hearsay and not on reality. With good insurance, if you're not to blame you're not screwed. Oh, and don't even think about not stopping after having been in an accident. Just call the police and your insurance guy (and make pictures of the scene I would recommend as well).

Nonsense, based on hearsay and not on reality. With good insurance, if you're not to blame you're not screwed.

Seconded. This is one of the most persistent myths circulating among western tourists and residents.

Oh and for cheap monthly rental, try a company called airport car rent, contact details can be googled easily enough, and don't forget to apply your bargaining skills.

Nonsense, based on hearsay and not on reality. With good insurance, if you're not to blame you're not screwed.

Seconded. This is one of the most persistent myths circulating among western tourists and residents.

Oh and for cheap monthly rental, try a company called airport car rent, contact details can be googled easily enough, and don't forget to apply your bargaining skills.

Aye aye. Been involved in 3 accidents, 2 with Thais & none of them my fault. Neither the police nor the Thais tried to blame me & in fact one of the Thais was so apologetic he offered one of the family cars for me to use while mine got repaired but as stated above always call the insurance company straight away.

You can find cheaper if you look hard enough.

i have some friends that rent for 12k per month. Thats for a half decent Yaris or Vios. PM if you want his number.

He he lot of crap, get a Thai DL and play your card right if you have an accident, and not sure about insurance you should be before renting a car, or you could end up paying for 2 cars if you ram another car.

My wife rented a Toyota Corolla for 14k per month. She gets the same car for 13k during low season. It's a bit aged but not too bad. The only thing is I am not sure what insurance she got for it, so thanks to this post for reminding me to check it out.

Nonsense, based on hearsay and not on reality. With good insurance, if you're not to blame you're not screwed. Oh, and don't even think about not stopping after having been in an accident. Just call the police and your insurance guy (and make pictures of the scene I would recommend as well).

My post was a little antagonising, sorry.

It was however not based on hearsay but fact: The day i posted a friend had a collision with a taxi motor bike that pulled out in front of her traveling on the wrong side of the road. He fell off the bike, she stopped to see if he was ok. On confirming with him that he was ok he demanded money. She refused and told him that it was his fault. She left the scene and the taxi man pursed her in an intimidating fashion until she stopped and handed over the contents of her wallet-300 baht. There was no visible damage to his bike and he was unharmed plus blatantly in the wrong.

On the flip side i rear ended a pick up that made a hard stop and sharp turn to left. I was on my motorbike and both my girlfriend and I cam off. It wasn't serious with only minor grazes and bruises and a few light scratches to the bike. A Thai guy pulled over behind me in heavy traffic, offered his assistance and was ready to get money off the guy I hit! I was very impressed and thanked the guy.