Embassy Income Letter For Extension

The Consular section for American citizen services will be in Korat on January 6. I will be needing to renew my retirement extension mid March with the income letter from the Embassy. Does anyone know if I get my income letter from the American Embassy visit in Korat on January 6, will the Korat immigration accept it when I apply mid March, because the letter will be a couple of months "old"?

I just did my extension and the letter was dated JULY last year and I had no problem.

This may of course vary from Office to Office and even by the Officer on the day. I would suggest check with the Office concerned to be sure, after all TIT and rarely consistent.

Good luck :jap:

I just did my extension and the letter was dated JULY last year and I had no problem.

This may of course vary from Office to Office and even by the Officer on the day. I would suggest check with the Office concerned to be sure, after all TIT and rarely consistent.

Good luck :jap:

Thanks for your reply. I was kind of looking for someone who might have had direct experience with this at the Korat Office. Though anyone's experience at any of the offices does give me some insight. But yea, believe me I know....TIT. :blink:

Well, I don't know about a simple call, but I just called Korat Immigration. And IF (and that is a BIG IF) they understood my question, the answer was the letter must be dated within a week or two from the extension application. Oh well. :(

"letter must be dated within a week or two from the extension application"

It sounds like they were referring to the "Bank Letter", where your bank verifies the current balance in your bank book. That letter is generally understood to be no more than one week old and must match the balance in your bank book, if they ask for it - sometimes they don't ask and just accept the copy of your balance page. My Embassy-Income letter was seven months old when I renewed in Pattaya last month.

Thanks all for your replies. The guy I talked to at immigration did mention the bank letter and I explained (to the best of my ability) that I was not talking about the bank letter, but was talking about the income affadavit.

Anyway, I think I will go ahead and give it a try, meaning get the letter tomorrow, Thursday from the visiting consular section for American Services in Korat. Then around the 8th of March apply for the renewal of my retirement extension and see what happens. Guess, worse case I'm out the 1500 Baht for the embassy letter and will have to make the trip to Bangkok.

Well, I don't know about a simple call, but I just called Korat Immigration. And IF (and that is a BIG IF) they understood my question, the answer was the letter must be dated within a week or two from the extension application. Oh well. :(

So the Official word from Korat Immigration is : "a week or two".

Just yesterday, I phoned US Citizen Services and asked. "about a month" is what they told me.

TIT

So the Official word from Korat Immigration is : "a week or two".

Just yesterday, I phoned US Citizen Services and asked. "about a month" is what they told me.

TIT

Yea, I know TIT. Official word by telephone conversation leaves much to be desired. With Lefty's post above and a report by two other Korat Farang guys, all have indicated using a letter 3+ months old at Korat Immigration with no problems.

So, I'm going to give it a try and let you know how I make out.

• 2 months later...