Great Food At Pun Pun

millwall_fan

Mrs Millwall_fan and I, having some pressing business north of town, decided to visit CM TV forum sponsor Pun Pun. I had the American meat loaf with mashed potato and Veg (largely due to Ulysses G recomending it ad nauseum!!) and the memsahib had a chicken salad and jacket potato. not only was the food very tasty, but Gonzo and his good lady (and little Popo) were delightful hosts! We stayed far longer than we intended!!

Anyway, we can both hearltily recommend Pun Pun for a thoroughly relaxing dining experience (just don't get your toes run over by Gonzo's industrial sized wheelchair tyres!!!)

I've been meaning to make it over there too. This is more ... whatever-it's-called for the fire. Have to go visit and see who this Gonzo character is. I have a feeling we've crossed paths in town several times already. And of course,... can't wait to try some down home cookin'.

I guess I would have to say the human animal has some inner mechanism that make one feel pretty doggone good when people say nice thing about you and yours. So having said that, I say thanks heaps guys for making me feel kinda good this morning.

For all the years that I have been here at The Pun Pun and all the years that The Olde Belle has been in business, I never had the pleasure of meeting Millwall_Fan until yesterday. You know how sometimes when you meet an individual for the first time and something just clicks and you know right away that you will like a person and have no trouble with conversation, well thats the way it was with MF and Ms MF. When MF drove into the place and had trouble closing his car door because his hand was still in the doorjamb, I just knew right away that this was a kindred spirit.

Conversation with them both was a very easy and pleasant thing. So much so that I had to force myself to break away so as to give them some private time with their meal. ....and when MF had no problem putting away a meal of , shall we say rather a large portion, I knew right there , we had a lot in common. ...and Beer [Ms MF] as you didn't finish your veggies, a letter has gone out to your mother....

To you both, I am really glad and pleased that you took the time to come by. Especially as it is the busy season. :jap:

Now RTD, I have already gotten the word on you from some common friends and will be awaiting your arrival time. A down home meal with all de fixins will be available , I am sure. :thumbsup:

Now this next line I feel very good in writing..... I know it doesn't sound too good, but, I am looking forward to the return of 'The Lizards' :w00t:

As to UG, can any who really know him picture him saying 'weenies' . :cheesy: Somehow it doesn't fit the image.

And S Sam, as you have never had a bad meal at The Pun Pun, please come back and give us another chance...... I am sure we can do worse if we try harder.... :whistling:

Last but not least 'Harry' maybe we should set up a race. This town celebrates and has a festival for everything else. Whatya tink ???? :hit-the-fan:

Little more on the more serious side , from all of us at The Pun Pun, me [Gonzo], Ms Gonzo [Pranee] and the treasure of The Pun Pun [PoPo], aka Gonzo's Gold, all the staff, all of us do sincerely wish each and every one of the TV members a very happy , prosperous , and successful new year.

Hope to see you all during the year.

Gonzo

Thanks Pedr for the post, meatloaf was exactly what I felt like having today so away I went. First time in meeting Gonzo, great food , great hospitality and will return to what will become one of my regular haunts.Can't comment on the Meatloaf, saw the Garlic Pork Knuckle and that took my fancy, if the Meatloaf is that good I might have to book a room and go through the menu. A couple of fussy Thai eaters in tow were impressed with the Thai cuisine as well.

... the Garlic Pork Knuckle and that took my fancy ...

Since months I have PunPun's on my To-Do-List due to these legendary pork knuckle I had on my first visit ...

We'll definitely go in January!

Well I have always wanted to go. Kinda like to try different restaurants. Am big on breakfast.

I digress I am om foot and have absolutely no idea where you are. I know where the bridge at the American consulate is. Where is Rama iv from there . One bridge north or two bridges. I have been by it often but never saw the sign. I have the picture of the sign maybe I can find a tuk tuk driver or songtel driver who can find it. I supose if I started walking at the American Consulate I would come to it . Also is there Tuk Tuk's and songtel's going by for my return trip or maybe going some where else.

jay jay o

re .... am om foot and have absolutely no idea where you are

the pun pun ( see green arrow ... gonzos place is 50 yards before the traffic lights on the left )

here : )

enjoy ... dave2

Thanks Dave

Llooks like cross the bridge at the American Consulate turn left and go to just before the next bridge.

jay jay o

the pun pun ( see green arrow ... gonzos place is 50 yards before the traffic lights on the left )

enjoy ... dave2

Thanks Dave

Llooks like cross the bridge at the American Consulate turn left and go to just before the next bridge.

Correct. If you were at the US Consulate and facing the river, look upriver and you will see in the distance and on the other side of the river, a tall condo building with many pointy rooftops. We are right at the base of that condo, which is the Embassy HOuse Condo.

...and thank you NHCowboy for your nice words, and moreso for your nice appetites. Lucky man you are with a very nice and friendly family. Hope to see you again soon.

Gonzo

StarKist dont want tuna wit good tsste, Starkist wants tuna dat tastes good.

Pun Pun wans peeple wit big appetites.

jay jay o

enjoy ... dave2

Thanks Dave

Correct. If you were at the US Consulate and facing the river, look upriver and you will see in the distance and on the other side of the river, a tall condo building with many pointy rooftops. We are right at the base of that condo, which is the Embassy HOuse Condo.

...and thank you NHCowboy for your nice words, and moreso for your nice appetites. Lucky man you are with a very nice and friendly family. Hope to see you again soon.

Gonzo

StarKist dont want tuna wit good tsste, Starkist wants tuna dat tastes good.

Pun Pun wans peeple wit big appetites.

And if I was to decide not to go walk walk is there any tuk tuk"s or songtell's in the area.

[And if I was to decide not to go walk walk is there any tuk tuk"s or songtell's in the area.

take an air mattress or truck inner tube with you and float back down the river to the city. :rolleyes:

After oneof Gonzo's feeds you will need the walk to let it settle. If not you shouldn't have too much trouble getting a sarmlor nearby.

(just don't get your toes run over by Gonzo's industrial sized wheelchair tyres!!!) /quote

They are nothing compared to mine. If you get run over by mine I can recomend a good wheelchair supplier :lol:

The idea of Harry and Gonzo having a wheelie race down Thapae Rd just wont go away. Chiang Mai's paralympics!!:D

how about a couple of Samlors and tuk Tuk's in the starting line up as well!! My money would be on Gonzo purely due the tyres, but I bet you'd give him a run for his money Harry!!

The Samlors wouldn't stand a chance!!!:crazy:

Must give Wat Doi Suteph credit despite their double pricing. They now have a wheelchair ramp to the lift to the furnicular railway. Then have now built a ramp to the top level. They help people in wheelchairs up too....and obviously have been told what to do.

Yeah..... Yeah..... and when pigs fly, I be making flying Garlic pork knuckle dinners :D

Funnily enough I used to work for a UK-based charter-airline, which had a couple of 737-200s which were convertible to freighters for the quieter winter-season, and we used to fly plane-loads of pedigree pigs round the world, for breeding-purposes, so in our case the pigs really did fly ! :blink:

Meanwhile many thanks to Gonzo and his staff, for an excellent meal this evening, the boys will be back again, for yet more plates of delicious onion-rings ! B)

I just had my first experience at the Pun Pun this morning and really enjoyed my time there. Got to finally meet up with Mr. Gonzo and had a good home style breakfast. Definately worth the visit and look forward to doing it again.

Thanks Pun Pun!

Yeah..... Yeah..... and when pigs fly, I be making flying Garlic pork knuckle dinners :D

Oh and just watched an old favourite, 'Air America' with Mel Gibson filmed over at Mae Hong Son, which showed them parachute-dropping crated-pigs to the villagers, I think I'd pass on the experience ! :rolleyes:

Oh and just watched an old favourite, 'Air America' with Mel Gibson filmed over at Mae Hong Son, which showed them parachute-dropping crated-pigs to the villagers, I think I'd pass on the experience ! :rolleyes:

Great movie. I was having a meal in the Bier Stube while part of that was being filmed across the moat near the Aroon Rai. They were simultaneously filming up in Mae Hong Son then. I went up there the next day and saw that twin engine C-123 sitting there along with a busted up helicopter. Never saw any actors/stars though. Whoops, thread stealin' here. Now back to your regularly scheduled program, "Flying Pigs and Pork knuckle dinners".:jap:

Edited by ThaiWx

A lot off topic, but I still chuckle remembering a American tv show where they dropped live turkeys out of a helicopter during a holiday period promotion. The brain behind the promotion when interviewed said "I did not know turkeys could not maintain flight when dropped like that" as the dead/crippled turkeys were being rescued/retrieved. Ok back to Pun Pun, sorry gonzo

Holy Pig Poop, Batman..... You got to see the para-porkers in action...

:o

...or were they para-poopers

Edited by Gonzo the Face

A lot off topic, but I still chuckle remembering a American tv show where they dropped live turkeys out of a helicopter during a holiday period promotion. The brain behind the promotion when interviewed said "I did not know turkeys could not maintain flight when dropped like that" as the dead/crippled turkeys were being rescued/retrieved. Ok back to Pun Pun, sorry gonzo

Remember that one always, 'WKRP Cincinnatti'

Ok, now back to Pun Pun ....

• 5 weeks later...

"Mum, you said this morning it was raining cats-and-dogs, but now it's raining pigs !". :o:D

"Mum, you said this morning it was raining cats-and-dogs, but now it's raining pigs !". :o:D

...from porker participation

to

porker precipitation

not to mention porker parcipitation