Could This Be Bull From The Booking Agent...

doppa

having had out travel arrangemens planned and paid for for over 4 months, for some reason i decided to get out the itinerary, checking through i noticed that the aircraft from bk to dubai was the 380 as the booking agent said, however the flight from dubai to the uk , which as the agent said was also the 380, in fact its the 330, which if i'm correct is the single aisle plane, dont fancy that for 6 hrs.

so pointing this out to the agent, she checked with emirates, who said 'its entirely upto the operator in dubai to change the spec of the plane', now i don't get this at all, thats the equivalent of hiring a honda crv , only to be given a jazz, but you've paid top dollar for the crv.

i paid to travel on the new 380 airbus, it appears i will be travelling on a london bus.[joke]

someone is telling porkies, now which one.

anyone else had this type of experience?

I came over in May with Emirates and had booked Bangkok - Dubai -Paris - Munich return. Making sure to book Dubai -Paris and both return legs on the A380!

BKK to Dubai was an older 777 really disappointing - paid for business class (for two) and all we got was a drink, snack and then breakfast before arrival in Dubai .

Dubai Paris was the A380 what an experience!

I had specifically booked the return leg on the A380 Paris - Dubai and Dubai - Bangkok. There was another flight earlier from Dubai but we wanted the A380 to make sure we did not have to spent the night in Dubai in a lounge seat I had booked the Airport transit hotel which is 5* and expensive only to find out later that the flight to Bangkok on the A380 had been canceled!

The worst was I would have not even known because upon check in in Paris the women only issued the boarding passes until Dubai instead to Bangkok - (trying to pass on a problem?) - and wanted to sent us on our way - only when I asked why she had booked our luggage to BKK but would not book us through she started to make calls and reluctantly admitted that the flight had been canceled and they would rebook us on an earlier flight to New Zealand with stopover in Bangkok - of course no A380 but again a 777. And because of the earlier flight I had payed 190 euros for a 5 hour sleep in Dubai.

Service on the A380 Paris - Dubai was great - but the Dubai - Bangkok flight was again a disappointment - the food on both 777 flights was no better then in Economy only served on china.

I used to fly Thai and BA a lot over the last few years - wanted to try Emirates - they surely did not win me over!

One thing though - having experienced the A380 on the upper deck I am afraid any other flight on any other equipment in the future will be a disappointment - just awesome!

Sure, airlines change the planes and the schedules often.

If you want to know if your agent is telling the truth, why don't you just contact Emirates directly for your answer? They will also be able to tell you about the 330 and get you all sorted out about their right to change planes at their discretion.

Seatguru.com is your friend.

David

Seatguru will tell you what seats are available on a certain airline's aircraft. It won't tell you what aircraft is flying a particular sector.

It will also show you the layout of the plane such as how many aisles they have.

David

Seatguru.com is your friend.

David

Seatguru will tell you what seats are available on a certain airline's aircraft. It won't tell you what aircraft is flying a particular sector.

It will also show you the layout of the plane such as how many aisles they have.

David

If the airline change the aircraft on a sector (as they did the last time I flew to Thailand and as they apparently did on the OP's flights) ) then that information is redundant.

Not sure about the situation re the A380 but pretty sure the A330 has 2 aisles 3-4-3 seat arrangement

Qatar Airways operate A330-200s/300s with a 2-4-2 layout, IME, 3-4-3 might be a wider plane such as a B747 or a B777-200/300 (Emirates), the B777 can also be 3-3-3 with people like Qatar or Etihad or (I think) EgyptAir.

If one were hiring the entire plane, then it would be reasonable to complain, if they supplied an A330 instead of the new A380. But since one normally pays for only a seat on the plane, as long as your flight has a seat for you, that's just life. Although I share the OP's disappointment, since I've yet to manage to fly, on the new Super-Jumbo ! :(

Happy Landings ! B)

p.s. I know, I really must get out more, I'll just get my jacket ! :whistling:

Edited by Ricardo