Best Electric Shaver For Tropical Conditions?

Trevor25222

I've always had good service from higher-end Braun shavers but in the tropics you need good air conditioning for them to cut properly.

Wondered if the wet and dry types (e.g. Braun, Panasonic) are any better for tropical use? Any particular brand and model readers find effective and durable? Thanks.

Edited by Trevor25222

I use Boots electric razor pre-shave to druy out the skin and soften up the hair before shaving. I stocked up on last trip to the UK, never seen it here or nearby countries though. The nearest thing available here is Gatsby preshave (Boots/Watsons/Tokyu) but that has something like menthol in it which I'm not keen on.

I haven't been able to make up my mind what is better: wet shaving (Gillette Fusion) or dry (Braun).

Usually I put some talcum power on my face and then use the electric shaver from Braun. After shaving, the charger also cleans the razor, so no problem with the talcum.

But sometimes I go old fashioned and shave with Gillette Fusion (5 blades, not available in Thailand) and I am equally happy. Which s better? Don't know, really.