Pictures

Lost in LOS

press APPLE + TAB until the Finder is active

the press APPLE + J

check "show icon preview"

you may have to check "set for all folders" or somethings ..

also this menu is slightly different if you are on ~/Desktop

press APPLE + TAB until the Finder is active

the press APPLE + J

check "show icon preview"

you may have to check "set for all folders" or somethings ..

also this menu is slightly different if you are on ~/Desktop

Where is the Apple key? I assume its a key

thanks

okay, did it and I had already checked that before. I checked check "show icon preview" and it is still the same, just an icon with jpeg and a generic pic of an camera on all the pictures. When I open up my file to view my pictures, a separate file with lots of pictures in it, the thumbnails came up before today and I could see what the picture was. Now, there is just an icon that says jpeg on an icon, but not picture. If I double click it the picture comes up enlarged, but there is not thumbnail with the picture like before.

If you run only native apps (excl windows, x11, os9)

The issue most likely fix itself after some time.

To speed it up you can delete the settings (osx will recreate them and execute necessary tasks)

Or install onyx and enforce rebuild of the icon database manually

If you use non native apps, perform first "repair permissions" on the boot-partition with disk util

http://www.jgoode.com/easy-fix-for-mac-finder-preview-thumbnails-not-displaying/

tried several times and didnt work. From your info I was able to do a google search and found this page http://www.jgoode.com/easy-fix-for-mac-finder-preview-thumbnails-not-displaying/ seems this is a very common problem. I did it and it didnt work, tried several more times, then rebooted the computer and it works.

thanks for your help, it was driving me crazy trying to fix it. I switched from windows to mac because I was told Mac didnt have these sort of problems, oh well :blink: