Finding A Good Pen Shop

tim armstrong

In the Banglampoo area, go to the corner of the Phra Aathit Road with the Sam Sen Road. There is the Siam Commercial Bank. Walk a little bit into the direction of the river/ old Fort , there is a small Stationery shop about 30 meters away from the bank. The old lady and her family will be pleased to show you their quite still impressive collection of Parker ballpens - best quality you can find in Thailand - and if lucky , they also have Lamy's. Me too, these cheap , thinly writing gel pens were driving me crazy. They are by no way a professional writng tool, yet everyday I can see Thais fumbling and fighting with this cheap crap.

The Emporium - saw some diamond Dupont ones.

I have a thick gold Dupont one my mother-in-law gave me - worth about 50,000 baht. I don't like it - anyone know if it could be sold easily, where?

Basement floor at The Landmark -close to Huntsman pub- there is a buy/sell shop for collectible watches, pens, lighters...

There is a second-hand shop with a large selection of pens and a whole lot of other stuff (watches, rings, guitars) on the fourth floor of FORTUNE TOWER, the IT shopping mall that rivals Pantip.

From the escalator, walk towards the center of the building. Once you pass a very large discount electronics store on the right, look for the 2nd hand shop about 20 yards past on the left side.

FORTUNE TOWER is directly above the RAMA-4 MRT stop.