Thai Police Launch Major Crackdown On Drugs

webfact

Police Launch Drug Crackdown Operations in Several Provinces

Police have launched major drug crackdown operations in several provinces throughout the country.

Many suspects have been arrested, and a large quantity of narcotics has been seized.

In Tak Province, Chief District Officer of Mae Sot, Kitisak Tomornsak, signaled law enforcement officials to launch a major drug crackdown operation in the province, based on the government's anti drug policy, to protect the border from traffickers and to strengthen community, school, and family values.

In Lampang Province, police discovered more than 8,000 methamphetamine pills hidden inside a car at a checkpoint.

The driver has confessed that he bought the pills from Chiang Rai Province and was on his way to Pattaya in Chonburi Province.

Meanwhile, in Nan Province, police raided seven houses in Wiang Sa District and arrested three suspects on drug charges, and another for possession of an illegal firearm.

In Uthai Thani Province, police carried out court-issued warrants by conducting raids simultaneously in ten areas.

Four suspects have been arrested on drug charges and for possession of an illegal gun.

In Bang Lamung District of Chonburi Province, police have arrested 15 suspects for various crimes and have seized 825 methamphetamine pills, 59.34 grams of crystallized methamphetamine, and two bags of cannabis.

At the same time, the police force in Phetchaburi Province has identified a total of 113 major drug dealers in the province during an anti-drug operation planning session.

In Kalasin Province, two suspects have been arrested by the local police force, and 18,000 methamphetamine pills have been seized.

The suspects confessed that they were hired to transport the drugs to Bangkok.

Also, in Loei Province, a family of three has been arrested.

Officers seized 405 methamphetamine pills, 30,000 baht in cash, and 12 cell phones.

The local law enforcement authority has also conducted random drug tests on people in Wang Sapung District and some 24 people tested positive for drugs.

They have been arrested and will be admitted to drug rehabilitation facilities.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-01-07

footer_n.gif

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And not one suspect seriously injured or killed. How times have changed since the middle of the last decade.

Not that much really, they still arrest the small time dealers, those who pay are usually protected. I know what you are saying they are not mass murdering them now at least for the time being. Maybe the budget does not allow for more bullets.

Silom has had raids nothing targeting westerners only local Thais. Seen Silom Soi 2 and 4 raided and a number of arrests in DJ Station.

Silom Police are offering cash rewards for info on local Drug Dealers and it seems to have worked with word that the street has dried up considerably.

I have never seen it this tough and its good to see its truly working. I know of 6 staff in restaurants and Bars that failed pee tests and got arrested and cant get out for 3 months. Only problem is 1 of them is on HIV medication and that often triggers a positive result for drugs when I fact they have not taken anything illegal. Thai Police don't seem to understand this and further education is required.

Its suprising however the amount of boys in Silom that pass the pee test and are not worried. Drug usage amongst the Gay Silom crowd is much less then people think.

Silom has had raids nothing targeting westerners only local Thais. Seen Silom Soi 2 and 4 raided and a number of arrests in DJ Station.

Silom Police are offering cash rewards for info on local Drug Dealers and it seems to have worked with word that the street has dried up considerably.

I have never seen it this tough and its good to see its truly working. I know of 6 staff in restaurants and Bars that failed pee tests and got arrested and cant get out for 3 months. Only problem is 1 of them is on HIV medication and that often triggers a positive result for drugs when I fact they have not taken anything illegal. Thai Police don't seem to understand this and further education is required.

Its suprising however the amount of boys in Silom that pass the pee test and are not worried. Drug usage amongst the Gay Silom crowd is much less then people think.

The police say that the Thais can take ya ba on the weekends and if they have to do a pee or swab test Monday for an employer it will not show up in the body, so it is the drug of choice as opposed to some other drugs that are available, that stay in the system longer.

Like my doctor at the hospital for all the tests for Work Permit, Syphalis etc..Said to me, "Your urine is a little cloudy." Ah yes I replied I should have taken more water yesterday, to dilute any residue in my body.

Edited by Colabamumbai

It really is amazing how they can make all these arrest in such a short period of time, sounds more like corrupt individuals rolling over quickly in order to enhance number counts in order to look good. Then it will be back to business as usual.

TW told me yesterday afternoon that they raided our local Wat and arrested 2 monks also drug tested and arrested our Puya Baan (Village Head Man) plus others. I'm located near A. Ban Dung, P. Udon Thani.

they get high on flesh pops

Wow! Even though I'd really like to believe this "crackdown", my feeling is that of all the drugs they confiscated, probably half will make it back to the dealers for cash to the BIB, and as for the cash they say they confiscated, I'd say that's probably only about half of what they really found. And the other half???? Hey, BIB have expensive lifestyles also, and have to maintain them.

Yeah, call me a cynic, but I've been here too long to really believe this crap. Besides, I've got a cop (Senior Sergeant) in the family, so I know what goes on.

Wow! Even though I'd really like to believe this "crackdown", my feeling is that of all the drugs they confiscated, probably half will make it back to the dealers for cash to the BIB, and as for the cash they say they confiscated, I'd say that's probably only about half of what they really found. And the other half???? Hey, BIB have expensive lifestyles also, and have to maintain them.

Yeah, call me a cynic, but I've been here too long to really believe this crap. Besides, I've got a cop (Senior Sergeant) in the family, so I know what goes on.

OK. Your a cynic. :ph34r:

After identifying 113 dealers they broadcast it so they can take a sabbatical? Unreal...

Gives 'em all a chance to pay up...

Pay up or get busted.

Simple.

No dead or wounded.

It's a positive because is harrasment.

And not one suspect seriously injured or killed. How times have changed since the middle of the last decade.

Not that much really, they still arrest the small time dealers, those who pay are usually protected. I know what you are saying they are not mass murdering them now at least for the time being. Maybe the budget does not allow for more bullets.

They tell us what they want us to hear. Don't want to say to much here. Big brother is watching or in this case reading?

Why is everybody so cinical and non believing etc. And all that crap about small fish been taken only.

You have to start somewhere.

Just be glad something has been done.

I think it is good, any dealer, small or big who is stopped selling drugs to the children of this world is positive.

OK. Your a cynic. :ph34r:

We all know for several years that live in Chiang Rai that the only Road from Mae Sai ( Burma border ) to Muang Chiang Rai at noon until 1PM the cops are all having their break at the check point and sit and are reading the paper

and all traffic just drives on through. How convenient!!!

TW told me yesterday afternoon that they raided our local Wat and arrested 2 monks also drug tested and arrested our Puya Baan (Village Head Man) plus others. I'm located near A. Ban Dung, P. Udon Thani.

Which Wat would that be? Or which moo baan?

Why is everybody so cinical and non believing etc. And all that crap about small fish been taken only.

You have to start somewhere.

Just be glad something has been done.

I think it is good, any dealer, small or big who is stopped selling drugs to the children of this world is positive.

Couldn't agree more. I'm as cynical as the next man when it comes to the BiB but at least on the face of it it looks like something positive is happening. As a father of two young boys here this drugs lark is my biggest concern as they grow up.

Nothing about Chiang Mai?

How can black Africans openly deal drugs in the Nana area of Sukhumvit and escape detection? They stick out a mile - so I've heard!

This is true mikebell. One can only assume tea money is involved :ph34r:

Edited by Randee

You do realize that the numbers you refer to included ALL violent crimes at the time, don't you? What you are delighted by is selective reporting. You can be assured that there will be violence as the local gangs will soon jockey for position and settle scores with those that snitched. There is always a latency before the violence is evident. If you think there will not be a settling of accounts as the "crackdown" continues, you are mistaken. Thailand's drug dealer behaviour follows the same pattern as it does in Brixton, Compton, or Mexico City.

You do realize that the numbers you refer to included ALL violent crimes at the time, don't you? What you are delighted by is selective reporting. You can be assured that there will be violence as the local gangs will soon jockey for position and settle scores with those that snitched. There is always a latency before the violence is evident. If you think there will not be a settling of accounts as the "crackdown" continues, you are mistaken. Thailand's drug dealer behaviour follows the same pattern as it does in Brixton, Compton, or Mexico City.

Well if it's just drug dealers getting popped off I for one won't lose a moments sleep over it..!!

Well, purpose was served, we're talking about it now. Then it's business as usual...Oh and BTW, it says nothing about cocaine. How come the most expensive ones never got busted? What a joke

Edited by alexth