Where To Buy Stocks

Hi Everybody.

I want to invest in Thai and International stocks, like US and Chinese stocks.

I I'm curious to hear how other foreigners are investing when they are living in Thailand. Do you invest through Thai broker or International one.

I have heard that Thai brokers only let you invest in Thailand. And I'm thinking if I invest through and International broker then I have to move my money back and forth from the Thai account to the International account and back again, which will be very expensive. So if you know any good and cheap way to invest in International stocks from Thailand please let me know. Furthermore, which Thai broker is suppose to be the best one. Like I don't have special needs, only that I want to be able to trade online.

thanks

TK

To my knowledge, you cannot go through a thai broking firm and buy foreign stocks in direct online trading. Through a thai broker, you can only trade the SET scrips. Several banks and financial institutions in Thailand do invest in Chinese stocks directly or through feeder funds and you can invest through them. For a normal lay investor, leading thai broking firm Kim Eng (in my opinion) provides the best research reports and also service. If you are a HNI (high networth individual), you may discuss with K-Bank about their signature service for big investors.

I use Interactive Brokers for U.S. stocks because of the extremely comissions.

They don't support Thai stocks; not sure if they do Chinese stocks.

Hi PoeDogg,

The Interactive Brokers for U.S Stocks, do you need to transfer the money to a a U.S account. And would it be expensive to move the money back to a thai account again?

Cheers

Yes, my IB is a U.S. based account, as that is where my mailing address is at, (but they have locations around the world) and I transfered the funds to them from my HSBC Online account for free.

Their website says this about transfer cost: IB allows for one free withdrawal per month. A fee will be a charged for each additional withdrawal. Click here to see a schedule of the fees charged after your first monthly cash withdrawal.