Never Trust A Real Estate Agent! (At Least Not This One!)

If you are tempted to rent a condo out in Hua Hin, or for that matter.. anywhere in Thailand, do not choose this company in Hua Hin! They promised a lot and delivered even worse than nothing.

The guy who took care of us was really nice. He promised a check-in/check-out + cleaning services and loads of rosy stories about how he places great importance on owner's wishes; how he kicks one tenant out because the guy made so much mess; how he takes great care of the condo as if it's his own; and so on. Well, we fell for it.

The only request we had was that we 'prefer' not to have single party guys since they tend to be slightly more careless with the room. He promised that as well. A month later, he brought in a guest and guaranteed that the man was totally no party guy; was very neat; and he had known him for so many years. And even if the guy made a mess, he would certainly clean the room up to make it pristine again. "Don't worry. I take care of your room as if it's mine." Sucker as we were, we fell for it.

Check out day comes. The man was nowhere to be found. We called and called to see if the guest had checked out. Absolutely no feedback, until we changed the number and called him with our other phone. 2 rings and he picked up! "Oh.... I'm in BKK now. Don't worry. The man is very neat. There won't be any problem. I'll arrange for cleaning tomorrow". Guess what, we fell for it again.

Two weeks after, we found time to drive down and see the condo.

IT WAS A MESS. Blinds were literally broken and torn apart. Bedsheets & blankets were extremely dirty and lied crumple on the floor. Slimy egg stain (at least that's what we're trying to think it was) were everywhere, even in the kitchen drawer! Sugars, salts, and god-knows-what other white substance spilled all over the countertop, and worst of all... our hand-woven cotton blanket was missing! (Later on, we were informed by the management that the guest partied all night in the room, with many different bar girls on almost daily basis.)

We called him again to clear this up. After several attempts and a few numbers tried, he picked up and just denied it flatly. "I can't possibly know what the guest will do to/in your room. Tough luck, but it's not my responsibility." Then when we got angry and pushed on, he just simply said the conversation was over and turned the phone off. <deleted>!annoyed.gif

I actually didn't mind cleaning the room up or fixing the blinds ourselves. It's the deception and total lack of accountability that frustrates me. I believe there's a reason we all want an agent/middleman. These people are bound to give us the service we hire them for, not just taking more than 10% cut then take no responsibility and chuck it up in our faces.

So, just to save you all from our sucker experience. If you want to rent your place out, DO NOT trust this company or this guy. He simply will screw you over.

BTW, does anyone know a good rental agency in Hua Hin? We are shopping around again...

Rumble

Edited by metisdead
removed name of company