Transfer Ownership

wildoates

I am confussed. My friend is buy a used motorcycle, they are telling him that the government will not accept the Yellow book for residence, that he needs to get a letter from Imm. Has anyone else heard of this?? I thought that was the whole purpose of the Yellow book.

I run a Bike Rental place in Chalong and have done this many times....

Normally they need the following to register a bike for the transfer of ownership:

Old Owner - Signed copies of all the below:

Copy of Passport and Visa (Valid and current) OR Thai ID

Copy of House Paper (BLUE BOOK) AND Rental Contract AND a copy of the House Owners Thai ID

Letter from Immigration (approx 200 THB)

New Owner - Signed copies of all the below:

Copy of Passport and Visa

Copy of House Paper AND Rental Contract AND a copy of the House Owners Thai ID OR Work permit for proof of residence

Both parties sign the transfer documents - two sheets

Lately though they have been requesting the new owners passport along with the copy (normally for one day). If you are buying from a Dealer they should be able to sort all of this out for you no problem though so not sure why you are having problems??

Good luck anyway

According to the "middleman" the DLT in Bangkok was not accepting the Yellow House book.

But both in Chonburi & Banglamung they did accept it.

I think that a lot of people do not know that a falang can have a Yellow House book and so the say "can not".

But is fully legal and the should accept it.

When I sold my XT they also wanted a copy of my visa, I think that is actually bullshit.

Chang Noi