Newbie Seeking Uk Visit Visa Advice

Hi community,

I am seeking advice and guidance. I will be very greatful for information provided to me. I have searched and continue to read the forum everyday.

My situation is that I want my girlfriend of Thailand to come to visit me in London England on a visit visa. We have met last year and we have travelled all over thailand. I have met her family and I have lots of pictures. I understand it is difficult to obtain a visit visa, however I would like her to come to england to meet my family. The reason for return will be that my tenancy will expire in July 2011 and I want to move to Thailand, also she has very close family she lives with who own their home/farm that she will return to help. She doesnt have a job, she is studying privately English language. I have a job and apartment I rent in London. we want to marry in Thailand in the future is another reason to return after she meets my family. I am about to return to Thailand to stay with her and her family next month.

How likely will this be from this information, and what other information can help support my case? I will travel and stay with her in Thailand if she cannot come to England so we can be together, but I would hope to obtain a visa whilst I am there for her to visit England with me.

Thank you for your time

Richard

It'll be a lot easier if you were here in Thailand. Then you can help her 1st hand.

Remember to finalize visa before arranging flights etc..

Maybe it will require you and her to go to the British embassy in Bkk for an 'interview'

They're gonna know right away if she's a 'good girl' or not.

Maybe it will require you and her to go to the British embassy in Bkk for an 'interview

Extremely unlikely. These days nearly all applications, especially visits, are decided without an interview.

Rich 11, it's been a while now, but when my step son was in University in Bangkok and came to visit us in the UK he obtained a letter from the university confirming his attendance and when he was due to return. I suggest that she do the same from her college.

You and she need to satisfy three basic points.

1) She is a genuine visitor with a genuine reason to visit.

The reason to visit is to see and spend time with you. In your sponsor's letter write a brief history of your relationship to date, say why she is visiting at this time and outline what plans you may have for the future. Include evidence of the relationship as suggested by TVE above.

2) Will she be adequately accommodated during the visit and are sufficient finances available to pay for her support during the visit without her working or claiming public funds.

Explain where she will be staying, and, assuming this will be with you, obtain a letter from your landlord granting her permission to stay and confirming that there will be at least one room for her use; shared with you or exclusively.

Finance for the visit can come from her, you, a third party or any combination of these. Whoever is providing finance should provide evidence of their ability to do so; the last 6 months bank statements are best.

3) Will she return to Thailand, or at least leave the UK, when or before her visa expires.

As already said, a letter from her college will help here.

Unfortunately family commitments are rarely, if ever, accepted as a reason to return because many Thais travel abroad to work and send money home to their families.

The relationship with you is a strong factor here. If the Entry Clearance Officer is satisfied that it is a true and lasting relationship with a future then s/he will feel that she and you would not want to put that future in jeopardy by her overstaying a visit.

I'm afraid that any plans you have to move to Thailand in the near future will carry little weight; it is your girlfriend's application, not yours. However, I would mention this as it does strengthen your commitment to each other; but show you have definite plans, not just a desire to do so!

You may find Visitors - visa application guide helpful.