Travel Insurance For Ireland For My Thai Gf

robio7

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on Travel insurance for my thai gf when she comes to Ireland.

I've looked at Bupa.co.th and it looks like you have to pay all money up front if something happens, then claim the money back when she returns home?????

She went to a travel agent and they gave her a quote from Thaivivat, does anyone know about these or had any experience with them?

She was quoted 4300 baht for 90 days which apparently covers everywhere in Europe but when i go online to check this it allows me to select worldwide or schengan (Europe) and Ireland are not apart of Schengan.

When you click into Schengan it does say Europe but doesnt list the countries it covers. The girl in the travel shop said it would cover Ireland but i'm not sure.

anyway, your thoughts and help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Rob,

My friend had travel insurance to travel to Spain and had an accident while there, he had to pay up front. He is hoping to get reimbursed later from the insurance. I am talking about Ireland I am not sure about Thailand.

If i may ask you any advice re: tourist visa for Ireland I am hoping to apply soon, I did send you a message, sorry about asking this question here.

Pat

Edited by newbepat