Tue 8 Feb 2011

13:15MAN Manchester bmiBD3695

15:40 DUS Dusseldorf International

flight time 1h 25

Connect in airport 1h 40

17:20 DUS Dusseldorf International

Air BerlinAB7150(+1) 10:05BKK Bangkok Suvarnabhumi

10h 45

will this be cutting it too short? I can do web check in but not sure I will have enough time to get my bag checked in... anyone done this flight before?

Edited by nickmanchester2

BMI and Air Berlin appear to have an interline agreement. If these flights were booked together as 1 itinerary then you should be able to check your bags straight through to Bangkok from Manchester. Contact BMI to confirm this and check in at Manchester airport rather than web check in so you can confirm it again at the time the bags are checked.

If you bought them as separate tickets, it may be possible to get the flights connected in their booking systems into 1 itinerary so that you can check your bags straight through. Contact BMI or a travel agent for help with this.

If you have to pick up your bags in Dusseldorf and check in again, then time will be pretty tight. You better hope that the first flight is not late.

- its a gamble

Check out flightstats dot com.

According to them, the BMI flight is delayed arriving in DUS 1 in 3 times. And when this happens, the average delay is 30 minutes.

Yes it is a gamble. No code sharing/agreement or through ticketing means if you miss the flight you are stuffed.