Standing Orders

backstairs

Morning. I had been following the chat on the poor woman selling fruit. It has disappeared I believe. Then I read about 'defamation' and we must be vigilant about not naming folks,cafes, shops and so on.

But in front of me are critiques of Power Buy, a Gas station and Skype.

I am confused. Can someone tell us what cannot be named/cited/critiqued and what can?

Can you write "I love Central' on Monday and 'Central is like soooo bad' on Tuesday.?

I asked a similar question in another thread, but did not receive any information. What is the difference between a "name and shame" and a "review?" There are reviews all over TV for restaurants, cafes, bars etc etc.

I also saw the thread about the rip off at the petrol station. It specifically names the petrol station involved. I noticed a moderator contributed to that thread as well. Several others posted that the petrol station involved was notorious for rip offs - information handy to everyone reading the thread.

Was the petrol station "named and shamed" or "reviewed" for it's poor service and lack of ethics when dealing with customers?

So, I have the same question as yourself.

Edited by NamKangMan

A while back I remember there being something said about why Phuketwan does not want it's stories posted here ( @backstairs maybe why the topic disappeared)

I don't remember if it's because of TV's partnership with the Gazette or if it was just PhuketWan wanting to control it's own content.

I tried to do a search for the answer that was given before (I know i read it, but I cant remember where it was and what it said but I believe it was PhuketWan's decision not to be here)

Can some one find it or re-iterate why PhuketWan doesn't want it's stories on the TV Phuket Forum?

EDIT:

@ Backstairs

Woman Beaten on Surin Beached moved to Phuket News and Events and then here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/432791-woman-beaten-unconscious-on-phuket-beach/

Edited by ozymandious

I can see that this topic needs to be closed now.

I remind all members of Thaivisa Rules ....

6) Not to post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.

21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy

31) All members are not allowed to quote news articles or material from bangkokpost.com or phuketwan inside topics on thaivisa.com. Posts containing quotes will be deleted from the forum. Links referring back to the sites are also not allowed and will be deleted.