How To Advertise In Thailand?

deusbelli

My wife has a clothing business and we need to advertise. Aside from newspapers and radio, any ideas for cheap advertising? I was thinking about a small counter top brochure stand; we could ‘rent’ a small area of counter space on a jewelry store’s (for example) counter top in a shopping mall (how realistic is this, my wife doesn’t like it). My wife isn’t the thick-skinned type so I can’t really get her to approach anyone about it. I guess I need some king of marketing rep to do it for us since I speak no Thai.

Thanks for any ideas or input.

It is possible to advertise in a shopping mall but the problem you may encounter would be from the shop owners themselves. For example, a jewellery shop owner may not want to crowd their counters with clothing advertisements. A good option could be a gift voucher such as “Buy two and get a third piece free”, 200 baht discount or some kind of value coupon so the shop owners can give it to their buyers as a thank you gift.

Ultimately you have to be aware of who your target market and seek joint promotions with stores targeting the same kinds of buyers. If your clothes have a retail price of 199 Baht, then it will not be worth the effort to co-promote with jewelry shops, as these shops sell items for over 7000 Baht a piece and they may only have 0-5 buyers a day.

If you wish to distribute a lot of coupons each day then it is better to work with consumer product businesses such as Boots, beauty salons and massage places (if foreign customers are the target). Basically non-compete businesses of a similar target group.

www.sunbeltlegaladvisors.com