Has Anyone Here Driven From Chonburi To Chiang Mai ?

midas

I will be driving from Chonburi to Chiang Mai and i just wondered if anyone else

that has made this journey has any recommendations about the best route to take ?

Thanks very much :)

Edited by midas

Thanks very much. :D

Is it worth making a detour to see Phitsanulok ?

not unless you want to add two hour's for the trip. As there's nothing there.

add another 1-2 hours on top of the additional 2 hours if there is still construction going on from Denchai to Lampang through the mountains. :unsure: should be done by now though.

Take motor way to BKK airport, 2 km after take left turn to Bang pa-in then on to Ayuthaya. Then as Gotlost said it wll take you anything up 9/10 hour's if your thinking of a stop over K.P.Phet is about the right distance. 3/4 hour short of C/M. K.P.Phet has lot's of place's to eat on the river Ping nice but all Thai. Have a good trip. Edited by fredob43

Take motor way to BKK airport, 2 km after take left turn to Bang pa-in then on to Ayuthaya. Then as Gotlost said it wll take you anything up 9/10 hour's if your thinking of a stop over K.P.Phet is about the right distance. 3/4 hour short of C/M. K.P.Phet has lot's of place's to eat on the river Ping nice but all Thai. Have a good trip.

Sorry I Ment Tiger beer's direction's just before N/S take the by pass to K.P.Phet save's more time. Edited by fredob43

add another 1-2 hours on top of the additional 2 hours if there is still construction going on from Denchai to Lampang through the mountains. :unsure: should be done by now though.

I will be driving this route again Friday, I drove it two months ago and the construction was still going on and I doubt that it is finished. Do not worry about it just take your time going threw it. As for the the Phitsanulok area yes it is worth while particularly the ruins at at national park in Sukhothai. To see this i recommend staying over for a night or two. There are some great little guest house and hotels in the area.

I will be driving this route again Friday, I drove it two months ago and the construction was still going on and I doubt that it is finished. Do not worry about it just take your time going threw it. As for the the Phitsanulok area yes it is worth while particularly the ruins at at national park in Sukhothai. To see this i recommend staying over for a night or two. There are some great little guest house and hotels in the area.

Yes agree if you want to do Sukhothai. But you can do that from K.P.Phet. K.P.Phet also has it's own ruins. Not as good as S/Kthai but still well worth a look. + it's smaller with less traffic. And to my mind a better selection of restaurant's. Edited by fredob43

thank you so much everyone :jap:

If you do the trip let us know how you get on. Report's on road's, if you stopped over, it all help's peep's on their trip's. Have a good one. I'm sure I speak for every one, your welcome.

i will do :)

Obviously you never checked out the night action around the Phitsanulok bus station.:whistling:

Oh yes I have. K.P.Phet also has but you have to know where to go. As my wife live's there I leave well alone. Dont want bit's of me GETTING LOST.

Obviously you never checked out the night action around the Phitsanulok bus station.:whistling:

Oh yes I have. K.P.Phet also has but you have to know where to go. As my wife live's there I leave well alone. Dont want bit's of me GETTING LOST.

Quake Quake :lol:

And what action am I missing? Know the area real well and there is nothing but a couple lousy karaoke bars.

Have driven it too many times to count, this is the route I normally take:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=Route+11&hl=en&geocode=FSrnxQAdmNoEBg%3BFUxEHgEdTRPnBQ&mra=me&mrcr=0&mrsp=1,0&sz=13&sll=18.756324,99.03265&sspn=0.085011,0.135269&ie=UTF8&ll=15.559544,100.700684&spn=11.054132,17.314453&z=6

Still plenty of roadworks in progress between Den Chai and Lampang for those asking - drove it only a week ago.

Have driven it too many times to count, this is the route I normally take:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=Route+11&hl=en&geocode=FSrnxQAdmNoEBg%3BFUxEHgEdTRPnBQ&mra=me&mrcr=0&mrsp=1,0&sz=13&sll=18.756324,99.03265&sspn=0.085011,0.135269&ie=UTF8&ll=15.559544,100.700684&spn=11.054132,17.314453&z=6

Still plenty of roadworks in progress between Den Chai and Lampang for those asking - drove it only a week ago.

very useful thanks :)

Departed the PIG on Soi 7 at 5:30 AM this morning. Fueled up at the PTT on 3 rd. Got on the 7 to 9 to 2. 120 KPH legal speed limit and 120 baht in tolls. Onto the 32 to 1. Fueled up in Tak. on to Lampang and onto the 11. Dual lane carriageway all the way with little or no construction. Arrive Chiang Mai 3 PM this afternoon. 820 Kilometers.

Departed the PIG on Soi 7 at 5:30 AM this morning. Fueled up at the PTT on 3 rd. Got on the 7 to 9 to 2. 120 KPH legal speed limit and 120 baht in tolls. Onto the 32 to 1. Fueled up in Tak. on to Lampang and onto the 11. Dual lane carriageway all the way with little or no construction. Arrive Chiang Mai 3 PM this afternoon. 820 Kilometers.

On your left hand side there's a hand brake. May I suggest next time you take it off.