Busiest American Ports For Thai Exports

thainterest

I have no idea, but when i turn on my brain, any West Coast port seems to be easy to reach. Saves you the passage through the Panama Canal plus its hefty fees.

Other, if you want to import to the Estern USA, you will have to compare prices of delivery to Californian or Washingtonian ports versus the Panama Canal route to , let's say. Newark Port.

it s all up to you to call up shippers and get a quote. Why bother ThaiVisa members. We are not wiser than you for such a subject.

you took a chance. good bye.

There are certainly vessels that go to both east cost and west costs ports and liners will also offer rates to most other destinations within the USA. If an inland destination, once the container arrives at port, they will be railed to the final destination city.

While Long Beach CA is the closest port to Thailand, it may not always be the least expensive route depending on the final destination city.

For example, if you are sending to Chicago via LCL (less than a container load), if you compare costs between "via NY Port" and "Via Long Beach" the cost via NY is cheaper by aprox USD 20 per cbm (this is due to inland transport costs from Sea Port). This being said, the transit time via New York is a little bit slower... from BKK port to Chicago---- "via NY Port" = T/T of 33 days and "Via Long Beach" = T/T of 30 days (OOCL)

Thanks for the insight - thinking of getting my customs broker license - and would like to pick an east coast port well-suited to handle exports from SE Asia, specifically Thailand.

There are certainly vessels that go to both east cost and west costs ports and liners will also offer rates to most other destinations within the USA. If an inland destination, once the container arrives at port, they will be railed to the final destination city.

While Long Beach CA is the closest port to Thailand, it may not always be the least expensive route depending on the final destination city.

For example, if you are sending to Chicago via LCL (less than a container load), if you compare costs between "via NY Port" and "Via Long Beach" the cost via NY is cheaper by aprox USD 20 per cbm (this is due to inland transport costs from Sea Port). This being said, the transit time via New York is a little bit slower... from BKK port to Chicago---- "via NY Port" = T/T of 33 days and "Via Long Beach" = T/T of 30 days (OOCL)

Many US ports can handle imports from Thailand and there are many ports on the east coast... Most liners will run smaller "feeder vessels" between Thailand ports and Singapore and then containers from various origin countries in Asia will then be consolidated in SIN and loaded on to various "Mother vessels" heading to various ports in the USA.

The deciding factor of what port to use will be based upon your customers location (delivery address) in the USA.

If customers are in the North east, then likely NY Port would be the best option.... If they are a little bit further South, then Baltimore may be a better option... if they are a bit further to the south, then Savannah may be a better option.... (I think you get the point)

Also it is important to note that customs clearance in the US is done electronically, so you can really be located anywhere and still handle customs clearance in any port.

Thanks for the insight - thinking of getting my customs broker license - and would like to pick an east coast port well-suited to handle exports from SE Asia, specifically Thailand.