Ratchada Night Market

tommytouch

I was told Ratchada night market has moved, that it still runs between Ratchada and Lat Phrao MRT stations but on the opposite side of the road now. Can anybody confirm this?

Also, if it is still running, is it only on Saturdays or both the Friday and Saturday nights?

And finally, does anyone know of any similar markets in Bangkok?

Thanks for any information.

There is a new night market (3pm 'til late) that opened a couple of months ago on Ratchada near Thailand Cultural Centre, in the Jusco supermarket (which closed a couple of months ago).

Yes, I've noticed it, but I suspect it's geared more towards clothing. The market I'm referring to is (was?) a great place, selling all manner of second hand stuff, like a giant flea market.

I think you are right about that, they are buildig a office/residental complex where the old site was. I drove past it last Sunday and I'm pretty sure its still open, on the area in front of the MRT parking building.

Ok, thanks.

I heard a rumour that Suan Lum (Lumpini) night bazaar was moving to the the Ratchada site, although instead of retaining the same lovely outdoor market atmosphere it will now be just another sterile, characterless mall, so maybe that's what you saw being built. We shall see. Whatever, I certainly hope the original Ratchada market survives.