Craigslist Item For Sale

thai thai

I have an electronic item for sale on Craigslist for sale at 60,000THB, and recieved an inquiry from a chap in Korea who wants to purchase. I have never ever performed an international sale of anything before (I like old fashion face-to-face).

The WARNINGS on the Craigslist sight are:

DEAL LOCALLY WITH FOLKS YOU CAN MEET IN PERSON - follow this one simple rule and you will avoid 99% of the scam attempts on craigslist.

NEVER WIRE FUNDS VIA WESTERN UNION, MONEYGRAM or any other wire service - anyone who asks you to do so is a scammer.

FAKE CASHIER CHECKS & MONEY ORDERS ARE COMMON, and BANKS WILL CASH THEM AND THEN HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE when the fake is discovered weeks later.

CRAIGSLIST IS NOT INVOLVED IN ANY TRANSACTION, and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"

NEVER GIVE OUT FINANCIAL INFORMATION (bank account number, social security number, eBay/PayPal info, etc.)

AVOID DEALS INVOLVING SHIPPING OR ESCROW SERVICES and know that ONLY A SCAMMER WILL "GUARANTEE" YOUR TRANSACTION.

I am seeking the advice of experienced individuals...what is the safeest way to recieve payment and ship my product...?

Thanking you in advance.

Thai Thai

Thanks Bangkokboro,

Any reson why I should not use Western Union to recieve payment?

If the buyer is willing to pay via Western Union then it is ok, in this case the risk is on the buyer side.

If he pays with Paypal ship only with DHL, EMS or any shipping company which provide online tracking, in case the buyer starts a complaint.

As a seller I would prefer the WU payment because there is a small risk of fraud with Paypal payments, as a buyer I would never transfer such a large amount (or even much smaller amount) via Western Union.

SCAM ALERT

When we moved house and posted alot of stuff on craigslist, I got a couple of emails from overseas based people who used Thailand 'as a base' and wanted to purchase what we had for sale.

The scam was that they needed you to wire some sort of freight charge in advance via western union.

Just watch out if you are needing to front up any cash for anything, or sending stuff off before you have received payment.

You should google 'craigslist scams' as well as cutting and pasting text from the email you received to see if it comes up in a search engine under well known scams.

Great responses!

I do not NEED to sell this item, so no urgency. As a result of reading your responses, my terms are 'pay me up front (WU)', and when I have the cash in hand, I will ship product via DHL with a tracking number. Or else, I am not interested...up to you.

How does that sound...?

Edited by thai thai