Full Service Barber Shop

sticklee

It was time for a haircut yesterday. I've always disliked haircuts since wearing long hair in my teens and 20s. But flowing golden locks just aren't comfortable anymore. I've patronized the barber shop at the market near me a few times, 60 baht for for a cut. So there I went again but the guy who had cut my hair before was busy so I sat in the second chair with different barber. I always find the Sweeney Todd look a bit disconcerting, dressing up like they're readying for surgery. So anyway he cuts (of course) twice the hair that I asked for and I got a great shave, ears swabbed out and even a couple nose hairs clipped. He asked if I wanted a shampoo so I figure why not. He leads me through to the back 'porch' area where a makeshift washing station is set up. Just something to recline on over a barrel of water. I get a nice shampoo, scalp massage, face wash and some lotion of some kind. So I am laying back, eyes closed waiting for the towel and there is an additional service I hadn't expected. Before I can react my shirt is pulled up and a greased up hand is down my pants trying to give me a hand job!!! "Mai, mai, yoot, yoot, finish, I go now!!!" It still cost me 120baht for the extras, I don't know what additional a happy ending would have cost. Thailand, expect the unexpected.

Eeew.. That's disgusting. And from a male barber.. That's just uncalled for. :bah:

Can you mention the place please? (Put it in the form of a "recommendation" of course, otherwise you know what happens in this day and age and place, even on the topic of warning people against sexual abuse.)

Or if you're scared to post then please PM me and I'll take the hit, for the greater benefit of us all.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

...and I've been here just long enough to be in imminent need of a haircut...

I know we can't name "bad places" but can someone recommend at least a "good" place or two?

for "just" a haircut--no extras please.

I have no issues with extra options just as long as the hairdresser is female. That's quite common actually. Or so I've heard.

I go to a great female barber (well great for me) at the markets. She only knows one style for men....very short back and sides ie school boy/army which suits me down to the ground (a stylist she is not).

While we have often had some light hearted and licentious banter I have never been offered a happy ending (there anyway....in Vietnam it was almost obligatory with female barbers...no wonder regukarky cut short hair was so fashionable)..

Guess I just don't have the come hither eyes of the OP. You did after all go out the back, and answered yes to the code word "shampoo". Your upset but your barber just thinks your a tease.:lol:

Edited by mamborobert

jsflynn603

ive used the same barber in soi 2 moonmuang road for over five years and hes never offered to massage any of my bits

so i think you safe going there

from the hash house bar walk down soi 2 past on on bar , the smallest bar in the world , happy bar . the half moon bar and the barber will be on your right in about 50 yards

enjoy ... dave2

Guess I just don't have the come hither eyes of the OP. You did after all go out the back, and answered yes to the code word "shampoo". Your upset but your barber just thinks your a tease.:lol:

Just the day before yesterday I was having a haircut when my (male and gay) barber asked me "shampoo?". I gave it a second's thought, but decided against it. Guess I dodged a bullet there.

Have you heard of the 'boran' style full service where they scrape the backs (insides) of your eyelids, btw ? It's one step beyond the whole ear wax cleaning thing. My old haircut lady says there are still a couple places that do it, one of them being up by Chang Puak Gate. Anybody ever dared to have that one done ?

seriously i am taking it with a touch a salt . and do not fully believe the story .

i am sorry if it real . but i think thai have more respect for their work then to do silly action .

especially in his own shop .

seriously i am taking it with a touch a salt . and do not fully believe the story .

i am sorry if it real . but i think thai have more respect for their work then to do silly action .

I agree with you sir.

100% a truthful story. Why would anyone make it up? Bored and nothing better to do? PM me I'll gladly give you the location and description of the barber so you can go and find out for yourself,

As suggested by Hyku1147, I have just registered a complaint with Tourist Police. They inform me that this sort of activity is not uncommon but is offered or asked for as a service. Essentially the offense is sexual assault. The Tourist Police said they will follow up my complaint. We shall see....

Edited by sticklee

I know that I would report it to the tourist police at once if a man did that and I was unsure of my sexual identity. Otherwise, I'd just say no.

TIT

If it was a woman, naturally I'd check to see if her hand was wearing a ... er, sanitary gloves.

TIT

My disbelief come in when he said there was no tip requested <_<

Really, no bites of interest on the eyelid scraping procedure ?!

I believe the story, for one. But I don't believe it's worth telling on him for it. You must've somehow set in motion the secret code and nods of the head that he was thinking there was an understanding going on. As one gay friend of mine put it once "Don't worry, it's not catching." I say get groped and let live. Just make sure not to go back to that guy again.

jsflynn603

ive used the same barber in soi 2 moonmuang road for over five years and hes never offered to massage any of my bits

so i think you safe going there

from the hash house bar walk down soi 2 past on on bar , the smallest bar in the world , happy bar . the half moon bar and the barber will be on your right in about 50 yards

enjoy ... dave2

Excellent haircut, and at 60 baht, 10% of what I pay back home! Nice. Thanks again.