Phuket Mecanic With A Ignition Xenon Light Gun Tool - Where To Find It?

silp1979

I don't live in Phuket, but i know from experience that a lot of garages in Bangkok do not have this tool. Their "guess" is good enough for them.

It wasn't good enough for me, so i went and bought myself a gun, it was around 2000baht.

Do it the old fashioned way. loosen off the securing nut slightly so it moves with a little force then slowly turn it till the motor is running like a sewing machine. It doesn't take a lot of skill to listen and a little blip of the throttle after each move will tell you whether you have it better or not. :D

Replacing the old point breakers with an electronic system may be a better option. It isn't that expensive or hard to do.

Edited by H2oDunc

NEAR ENOUGH IS OK, who said that, :huh:

TUT TUT. A timing light will tell you if it's idle degree is OK and advancing properly to the right degree, and if the weight springs are over stretched in the dizzy etc.

Bet the OP is tutting too. :lol:

PS. The Thai guys do the twiddling thing and guess.:P

Edited by transam

I don't live in Phuket, but i know from experience that a lot of garages in Bangkok do not have this tool. Their "guess" is good enough for them.

It wasn't good enough for me, so i went and bought myself a gun, it was around 2000baht.

hhmmm my friend maybe you can mail it to me and i will return it too you? for a fee and a deposit money?

please pm me :)