Cm Photographic Group Exhibition

Greenside

Just a reminder that our exhibition opens today (Saturday, Jan 15th) and runs through to the 30th. We just finished putting it up and it's looking good so if you're going to be in Central Plaza tomorrow please drop by and visit. It's on the 2nd Floor above the aquarium next to the new Asia Books branch.

idNWdk.jpg

This picture, A Walk In The Clouds by Mick Jackson, is one of my favourites.

Some beautiful pictures were on display, I'm glad I managed to see them.

Sorry I never had the chance to introduce myself, but I bumped into so many friends there I never got the chance, but I did hear your speech Greenside, very good. When I can walk properly again I will definatley join your club, but its a bit difficult right now to hold a camera whilst supporting myself with a cane :unsure:

Well done anyway :)

Does the club have an iPhone component? (or is that sacrilege?)

We don't, but it's not sacrilage.

There are three reasons:

• Only one person in the group has an iphone as far as I know.
  • There are lots of bits of kit just as portable that take much better pictures, and finally
  • Having a sort of subgroup based on a particular camera (or in this case, phone) means we might end up having huddles of Nikon Nerds, Canon Comrades, Sony Supporters, Panasonic Pals, Leica Lovers, Pentax Partisans, Ricoh Rooters and, if the brand still existed, Zenth Zealots. The thesaurus fails me.

However, you could probably have fun with an iPhone photo contest of some kind if you could find a way to reach enough local users.

Hmmm... what could you call a group of iPhone people?

Edited by Greenside

• 2 weeks later...

Sawasdee Khrup, TV CM Friends,

Went to the show this week, and really enjoyed it. It did seem that this year there were fewer pictures identifiable "on sight" as from/within Chiang Mai, or Thailand, itself, compared to last year, and more European, or other country, content. But, all in all, a wonderful collection of scenes, people, objects, compositions ranging from abstract to realistic.

Congratulations to CMPG !

We would definitely have paid for a catalog, if one had been available (was there one ?): it would have been very interesting to know to what extent PhotoShop, or other image editors, and "filters" were used in post-processing the pictures, and to have been able to read more commentary by the photographers/artists on each picture.

If you haven't seen the show yet, please do treat yourself.

best, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37