Interesting Excursion Destinations Around Bangkok

flip

Hello,

I'm looking for more interesting, not too far destinations around Bangkok.

Like to leave Bangkok on the weekends for relaxing and try to enjoy nature, sea etc.

Looking for excursion destinations which are not too far away from Bangkok and which I can reach easily with my car.

Have been already to: Koh Chang, Kanchanaburi, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Cha Am, Korat, Koh Samet.

Any ideas/recommendations?

Thnks a lot

Flip

Amphur Suan Peung, Ratchaburi; (mountains) Amphur Wa, Samut Songkhram.(A very popular with the Thai's, floating market town).

EDIT: Amphur Wa is only 'open' at the weekends.

Edited by Slip

Lopburi, ancient ruins and monkeys.

That's a rather unkind way to describe one of our esteemed Global Moderators... :ph34r:;)

If you have a morbid side, take a look at the Medical Museum at Siriraj Hospital, were they have pickled serial killers. Be warned if you are of a sensitive nature they have MANY deformed foetuses, not a good first date. There is also a rather dilapidated Anatomy museum too and a Museumof Human Prehistory.

A walk southwards to Wat Rakahng where you can feed the birds and fishes.

Waaay out of town is Samphran where you can find the Elephant Park and Crocodile Farm ( 13°43'18.16"N, 100°15'13.99"E), The Rose Garden (GE: 13°44'2.42"N, 100°14'29.86"E) and Wat Samphran (GE: 13°44'7.56"N, 100°12'53.79"E ) All Googlable.