Dhl

bahji

If I remember rightly it is on the ring road after Tesco and before the PTT on the left. :D But as said I could be wrong ;)

if you are coming from lamai, past ptt, past caltex and it on your left just before t junction :whistling:

yep - if you are coming from the north - past Tesco - straight through the traffic lights and on the right (a few hundred meters).

DHL? ARRRRGGGGHHHH........The British Embassy in Hong Kong issued me with a new passport and I paid DHL to to deliver it to me. Went to their office in Chaweng with the tracking document, They said they didn't have it. The DHL office in Bangkok had given it to the Post office for delivery!. 10 days later and no one knew where my passport was :annoyed:. Finally got it 4 days ago... Never use DHL

DHL? ARRRRGGGGHHHH........The British Embassy in Hong Kong issued me with a new passport and I paid DHL to to deliver it to me. Went to their office in Chaweng with the tracking document, They said they didn't have it. The DHL office in Bangkok had given it to the Post office for delivery!. 10 days later and no one knew where my passport was :annoyed:. Finally got it 4 days ago... Never use DHL

There is no DHL point on Samui. Yes the shop next to Tesco trafficlights has a huge DHL sign, but it is not an official DHL point. They are reseller for DHL products, which means you can send your parcels from there using the DHL service. They take it to the mainland themselves, where they give it to DHL for further shipment. If you do ship via them, make sure you get a DHL airwaybill number, or they ship it in the way that is most conevient and cost effective for them. There has been quite a bit of discussing this particualr shop in previous threads. For sending, I prefer to use the shop next to the trafficlight, connecting the mainroad in Chaweng to the road leading to Laem Din Market. They can ship via UPS or FedEx and is much more reliable and even pick up from the house.

When someone ships items via a courier from abroad to Samui, the part from Bangkok to Samui is done via EMS, as there are no ofiicial courier points on the island. At least with EMS it is registered and tracked.

DHL are a nightmare. This is the last tracking route for goods sent to me from Hong Kong.

Hong Kong - Cincinatti - Hong Kong - Bangkok - Phuket - Bangkok - Hong Kong - Bangkok - Phuket - Bangkok and then they used EMS. Took two weeks. Complained to the Head Office (DHL is owned by Deutsche Bundespost) who could not give a s***.

DHL in Thailand are not kosher. DHL on the island are worse.

Unfortunately the British Government has a 'deal' with DHL worldwide where they tell people overseas that "you have to send your passport to the UK using DHL" and for this, the government in the UK get a really cheap deal for using them to ship the passports back (20 GBP per package I am told).

Edited by Tropicalevo