Sms To The Uk From A Mobile Phone

Greenbhoy

I am living in Issan and sending SMS to the UK which is costing me around 30bath per message via Dtac, Is there a way without using the internet that I can get cheaper SMS which I can still send via my mobile telephone to the UK. I can register on the internet but just don't have the time to keep send SMS online. Can anyone please help me with this.

This post is misleading. The is no way that a text message is costing him 30 baht unless it is six messages concatenated.

If you are sending such long text messages, perhaps you should consider email.

Majic doesn't know.... HAPPY DTAC is the cheapest for sending International SMS at 5 baht per message.

If any of your friends still reside in the UK and use O2, you can use their portal to send up to 200 messages a month for free. You can use the Orange portal to send 30 free per month. You just need to get your friends to get a few free Orange PAYG cards and register accounts with them.

For a paid option, there is 18185 But even though it is 3p per message, if you insist on sending messages that are the equivalent of six messages, that will still cost you 18 pence.

Forget about SKYPE, it's almost as expensive as sending from your mobile telephone. 11.4 cents per message? No thanks. That's 3.5 baht against the 5.35 baht that you are currently charged.

18185 charges around 1.5 baht.

For a paid option, there is 18185 But even though it is 3p per message, if you insist on sending messages that are the equivalent of six messages, that will still cost you 18 pence.

How do I activate this option on my phone, and yes I do send long messages back to the UK maybe this is why it is costing me around 30baht but I do not have the option of using e-mail all the time.

How do I activate this option on my phone, and yes I do send long messages back to the UK maybe this is why it is costing me around 30baht but I do not have the option of using e-mail all the time.

You can't. You'll need to search for a suitable Java application and to have a mobile capable of running Java applications.

If not, you'll need to use the PC for sending SMS or keep your messages brief. :)

It sounds like you need to be able to originate messages from your mobile phone, and cannot wait until you have access to a PC? Is that accurate? Do the recipients need to receive SMSes or can they get emails from you? Do you need to receive SMSes as well? Emails? Reply? What is your current phone make/model? Are you able to upgrade that? If so, what is your budget?

There are some volume SMS packages, like One-2-Call SMS Lover (500 SMSes/119 baht/month) but these are for domestic SMSes.

I honestly can't think of a work-around except using the GPRS/EDGE network, and a reasonably up to date handset. DTAC has a 20 hour/99 baht per month recurring data plan, which can be layered on top of your current DTAC SIM/promotion/calling plan. Then you could use your hand-set to receive/originate emails or access a website to originate SMSes.

An inexpensive hand=set like the Nokia 2690, ~ 2,000 baht, can do email, has a browser and an EDGE-capable modem (which you could tether to your PC). You can move up the price scale to get more capable handsets, perhaps with easier to use UI's?

DTAC's international SMS pricing (5 baht per SMS ex. VAT) is pretty reasonable, the same as True Inter SIM rates, while One-2-Call is, I think 10 baht/SMS. Even bulk, paid SMS services (varies by country) to the U.K. are ~ 3.5 - 5 baht/SMS. Given the volume of your communications I think you need to change the dynamics to consider mobile data?