Is The Z1000 Made In Thailand? What Is The Price

bombis

Does anybody have info on the Z1000 from Kawasaki. Is it made in Thailand such as a couple other of their bikes? I am asking of course because I am wondering about the price. I got a 650R at the moment but would love to upgrade to the Z1000 if it is available for a decent (meaning "made in Thailand") price such as the 650R. What is the cost of this bike here. Anybody knows?

Nope, Z1000 is not made in Japan.

What Tony means by "not made in Japan" is they are made in Japan. :)

Thank goodness I have Scuba around to translate my dyslexic posts!!! Cheers mate! :jap:

No worries! I knew what you were trying to say. :D

The 2010 Z1000 was co-developed alongside the 2011 Ninja 1000 (US name) Z1000sx (European name) so wherever the Z1000 is made and then sold, it's logical to assume the Ninja 1000 will be as well. (I like to post the pics of this beauty any chance I get.)

2011-kawasaki-ninja-1000-review205.jpg

z1000sx28129.jpg

I was surprised to learn the Ninja 1000 is different to the Z1000 nit noy in that it has a less aggressive foot peg position with 45mm higher, 10mm narrower bars, and the grip angle is slightly different. It also has an additional gallon fuel capacity and the the seat has more cushion. Ninja650shop is designing sport bars for her as we speak.