Adsl

I am in Bohput with TOT ADSL. Got the 700 baht package 2 months back (the 1,000 baht pkge isnt available yet apparently?).

OK most times. Speed around 395-400 kps vs 40+/- through dial-up. So 10 times faster, but it feels like 3-4 times quicker only.

When the tech guy came (after 2 months waiting & f/up calls) he said 300 people had TOT ADSL at that time and another 250 were on their 'waiting list'.

Havent seen a bill yet, but others who signed up 4 months back just have received their bills of 3-4 months service in one go.

PLai Leam has ADSL now, thru TT&T.

Your average speed will be in the 60 range tho, although they advertise 512/256.

Got 512/256 TT&T in Bophut and the speed is like 128. Tried to call customer service but they have np idea what's wrong. TT&T office in Chaweng says to ring customer service etc so the circle is closed.

You expect something good but all you get it's headache.

Any advise...?

You can check your bandwidth speed at this link:

http://www.bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

They give 3 free tests per month, without any registering, etc.

I just rechecked mine (on TOT 700 baht pkge) and it reports at 800 kps! It is very fast now, but usually runs half that. Dont know how accurate the test is, as it comes back different each time I try.

Still TOT ADSL is good for me here in Bohput. Always connecting and no real problems for weeks.

I just rechecked mine (on TOT 700 baht pkge) and it reports at 800 kps!  It is very fast now, but usually runs half that.  Dont know how accurate the test is, as it comes back different each time I try.

Still TOT ADSL is good for me here in Bohput.  Always connecting and no real problems for weeks.

Thx for that.

My TT&T it's 280 kps at the moment. Paying for 512 so it's <deleted>!

Can't find out how to fix it cos at customer service office they are not helpful. At Chaweng office all they do is eating and chating.

At least got prove in my hand so will try again.

Thx again.

I just rechecked mine (on TOT 700 baht pkge) and it reports at 800 kps!  It is very fast now, but usually runs half that.  Dont know how accurate the test is, as it comes back different each time I try.

Still TOT ADSL is good for me here in Bohput.  Always connecting and no real problems for weeks.

Thx for that.

My TT&T it's 280 kps at the moment. Paying for 512 so it's <deleted>!

Can't find out how to fix it cos at customer service office they are not helpful. At Chaweng office all they do is eating and chating.

At least got prove in my hand so will try again.

Thx again.

Just poped up 216 kps. Can't believe it!

What the heck it's all about?