Looking For A Good Budget Furnished Condo Apartment In Central Chiang Mai

DocHolliday2006

Hi.

I'm looking for a nice furnished condo or apartment in Chiang Mai. Right now I haven't figured out what to do about visa renewal, so at least initially it would just be a 30-day rental. Or 27, now, I suppose. Eventually I want a place to stay through the rest of the winter and into april, if I can swing the visa.

I'm hoping you guys can suggest something.

Here are my requirements:

Price Range: 6,000 to 8,000 a month.

Location: In the old city or just outside to the east of it. I would love to be fairly close to muang mai market, as I'm a big fruit lover and eat tons.

I need to safely be able to keep a bike there.

Not very noisy

Reliable/fast Internet wifi already hooked up and functional.

Must have a fridge and kitchen sink

Must have a table/desk and chair for me to work at on my laptop

That's about it. Not super picky. Doesn't have to be the fanciest place in the world, but it should be clean, well built, etc.

Can you suggest anything? Thanks.

Edited by DocHolliday2006

Their website

Emporium Residence, Santhitham Road

Minimum stay 1 month, security deposit 1 month (5kbht for each)

Notice 1 month, so if staying one 1 month tell em you are leaving the day you move in, they don't care if you change your mind.

wifi is a bit iffy, but they will give you a hard line if you pay a bit more (network sockets in all rooms)

Has all you asked for

Fridge, Tv with cable, sink on balony, desk and chair, table, air-con, fan, under-building car park.

Very nice place.

Near the back entrance, The Puppy House coffee shop, air-con with good free wifi internet, good coffee (45bht). Very nice student bar area within walking distance. YMCA language school 1/2 mile down the road.7/11 and Tesco Lotus within 100yds.

Edited by pjclark1

We live in Green Hill Place. Brand new bldng. Overall very nice. They have studios with mini kitchen on the balcony for ~ 5-6k I believe. Located here (map). Official website.

One thing they do not have is wifi. They do offer free internets, but via socket. Which IMO is better. Just buy a cheap router and there goes your wifi with strength.

Edited by thaitar

Price quoted on the website is 8,000 to 9,000 TB. Did you negotiate that price?

We live in Green Hill Place. Brand new bldng. Overall very nice. They have studios with mini kitchen on the balcony for ~ 5-6k I believe.

One thing they do not have is wifi. They do offer free internets, but via socket. Which IMO is better. Just buy a cheap router and there goes your wifi with strength.

Price quoted on the website is 8,000 to 9,000 TB. Did you negotiate that price?

We live in Green Hill Place. Brand new bldng. Overall very nice. They have studios with mini kitchen on the balcony for ~ 5-6k I believe.

Hmm... Maybe my memory is bad, but I am pretty sure it was lower. There are could be several things going on here. There are two buildings next to each other, both belong to the same company. The new one was just built, in fact still some minor things are being finished. But the website only shows the old building and possibly only the prices for the old building. Also, the price varies depending on the length of contract. There are 3 price points: 1) month by month 2) 6 month minimum and 3) 1 year minimum. Just give them a call, and ask to speak to Ning (manager) and ask about the new building. Ning speaks OK English.