New Hooters (Thailand) Franchise Opening At Meechok Plaza

WinnieTheKhwai

WTK this has to be one of the better leg pulls in the pass couple years. I take my hat off to you.:jap:

Think about it.. this topic combines slutty fried American bar food with delicious girls. How could it NOT be a success on this forum. ;)

From a marketing perspective as well, clearly there is overwhelming interest.

Hooters USA do awful cocktails though, at least that much the local branch can easily improve on. Off-the-shelf sour mix.. yuck. And good chicken wings are definitely doable.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, the whole thing is a hoot. Nice one, Winnie! We needed something to perk things up after the holiday doldrums....

Can't think of a more inappropriate place for Hooters than Thailand. The slang expression in Thai for "fried eggs" comes to mind.

Let me know when they open; I'll be right over....:)

WTK this has to be one of the better leg pulls in the pass couple years. I take my hat off to you.:jap:

Think about it.. this topic combines slutty fried American bar food with delicious girls. How could it NOT be a success on this forum. ;)

From a marketing perspective as well, clearly there is overwhelming interest.

Hooters USA do awful cocktails though, at least that much the local branch can easily improve on. Off-the-shelf sour mix.. yuck. And good chicken wings are definitely doable.

I didn't even realize that Hooters served cocktails. I don't think I've ever seen somebody order one, ever. Hooters is about cute girls, big plates of chicken wings, and pitchers of ice cold American draft beer. If you are ordering cocktails at Hooters, you're doing it wrong! If you want cocktails, head over to Applebees, TGIFs, or Chillis.

***INB4 the "American Beer sucks" beer snobbery posts!

-Mestizo

WOW the last 6 or so posts make this American thing sound so undoable. Ladyboys dressed in tight shorts, expensive and not so good cocktails and it appear that the only food product worth eating is deep fried chicken wings. Deep fried food, ladyboys and subjective drinks sounds like a plan for death and disaster. Sounds like Chiangmai WELCOME to the U.S.A in your own backyard.:rolleyes:;):D

Wow, a place where you can go and look at Asian girls, how original for Thailand.

I am excited about the Wendy's however.

Yes I think I will come with you to Wendy's. Swensen's is quite good also. You could also go to Carrefoure or Tesco they have the girls squeezed into tight shorts serving beer right beside the childrens play areas and you do not even have to buy a beer whilst watching your girl (sorry chld). As Another poster said ladyboys at Hooters will not work only for some.

Wow, a place where you can go and look at Asian girls, how original for Thailand.

I am excited about the Wendy's however.

Wow, a place where you can go and get a burger, how original for Thailand.... Just Kidding :D

Love Wendys! When I was back in the US couple months ago I popped in to Wendys to try the Triple Baconator.. I felt somewhat sick and bloated the rest of the day, but YUM! 3 layers of beer, 3 layers of cheese, and 3 layers of crispy bacon! Heavenly delicious. On a completely unrelated side note, I have no idea why some of us Americans are so fat... ;)

-Mestizo

No I didn't realise it was a Restuarant. I have always known the word HOOTERS to mean breasts, jugs, tits, boobs and funbags etc. Strange name to call a restuarant. When I 1st saw the name I conjured up the images of Pole Dancing, naked women running around and prositution. Your standard Pattaya establishment with the same type of working girls and clientele. I didn't realise that so many on here could get wipped up into a lather over a simple restuarant as Chiangmai is full of restuarants. Guess I was wrong.

Wooooh, many a marriage has bit the dust because Hubby was fantasizing over his Hooter's waitress rather than paying attention to his wife during dinner! That being said, the chicken wings are pretty good.

Just found out it is an American restuarant before that I had never heard of it. Don't like American food so I guess that is why and being an Aussie and not American may be another reason. I guess the expat yanks can now feel more at home.:D

What is American Food? I'm an American and I have a hard time naming any dish that I would label "American". Hamburger, maybe..... The part of the states I come from we tend to eat a lot of Mexican, Chinese, Pizza and we can't forget the Spicey Wings.

American food is full of C.R.A.P. (Caffeinated, Refined, Artificial, and Processed) Foods.... apparently!

Too bad the only girls who can fit correctly in a Hooters uniform are the Chiang Mai ladyboys. I'm sure that will add to the uniqueness of a Thailand Hooters restaurant! :whistling:

Ive been to the Hooters in Singapore and trust me ... seeing the lithe bodies and beautiful faces is a complete distraction from the absence of breast size. Id prefer an Asian hooter any day over an American hooter.

American food is full of C.R.A.P. (Caffeinated, Refined, Artificial, and Processed) Foods.... apparently!

Bangers and mash, meat pies and fish and chips, that's the (healthy) stuff! :lol:

Don't start me on British food!

I just did a search for 'What defines American Food' and that is what came up!

Seemed pithy and witty at the time, as things usually do after a couple of beers!

<snip for brevity>

3 layers of beer, 3 layers of cheese, and 3 layers of crispy bacon! Heavenly delicious. On a completely unrelated side note, I have no idea why some of us Americans are so fat... ;)

-Mestizo

A Beer-Burger, now who could have a 'beef' with that idea, might be a bit sloppy though ! :burp::D

Please excuse my ignorance, can someone tell me, are Wendy's the chain that (used to) have a good salad-bar ?

I didn't even realize that Hooters served cocktails. I don't think I've ever seen somebody order one, ever. Hooters is about cute girls, big plates of chicken wings, and pitchers of ice cold American draft beer. If you are ordering cocktails at Hooters, you're doing it wrong!

Ah.. Right.. But then sometimes you are there with some Thai girls and beer is a hard sell to many of those.. Easier to feed them a margarita or something.

( Then again, I guess bringing Thai girls to Hooters also falls under 'doing it wrong'. )

I have so much to learn. Can't wait for my next trip Stateside.

I will inform my 13 year old cousin about all this.

Surely he is in the target group.

But do not worry, he will grow up eventually.

Bad news, men never outgrow a fondness for hooters. At least I hope I don't.

That is exactly what my 13 years old cousin would say.

I will inform my 13 year old cousin about all this.

Surely he is in the target group.

But do not worry, he will grow up eventually.

Biggest accomplishment in life would be to never grow up.

post-64232-0-35765100-1295515491_thumb.p

He's doing well so far.

I agree 100% with "biggest accomplishment etc"

But i have a suspicion that you and i mean different things with that expression.