New Hooters (Thailand) Franchise Opening At Meechok Plaza

WinnieTheKhwai

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun WinnieTheKhwai,

Well, we are in favor of cultural diversity, but it is our belief that Thai owls are endangered species, and the idea of their public sale here invokes a ghost of the nausea and revulsion that haunts our memories of the way our fellow primates (smaller ones, much smaller ones) were once treated at Talat Chatujak.

So, if they are really going to sell owls, we think this another national disgrace.

You can hear some of the rare owl "calls" of Thailand here: The Owl Pages

best, ~o:37;

Hooters in Chiang Mai? Could we please have a link to your source? Meanwhile, should I be looking forward to my property value (or anything else) in San Sai rising? Perhaps, however the difference may be hardly noticeable (regarding the property values of course).

Edited by venturalaw

I wonder why Meechok Plaza? It seems a location closer to the tourist areas would be more profitable. Are there a lot of rich Thai men looking for an alternative to the karaokes near Meechok?

It's the shift of money and population out of central Chiang Mai to the burbs.

They are going to name it "Mosquito Bites" to account for the smaller breast sizes in Thailand.

Bingo! Give Cobrasnake a kewpie doll from the top shelf. Big hooters are NOT something I associate with the lovely Thai ladies. They have OTHER assets more noteworthy... with the emphasis on ASSets.

Unless of course, we include the ladyboys. They DO have big, homemade boobs.

It's completely serious. And I'm the silent parter ($$$). I have a secret love for all things breast.

Actually prefer thighs to breasts, how about you?

Perhaps this explains Meechok--walking distance from your home?

I can't name a favorite body part, I'm fascinated by all aspects of healthy, well-proportioned females in many shapes, sizes and skin tones.

It's completely serious. And I'm the silent parter ($$). I have a secret love for all things breast.

I can't name a favorite body part, I'm fascinated by all aspects of healthy, well-proportioned females in many shapes, sizes and skin tones.

Who said anything about women??? I'm talking about chicken...

It's completely serious. And I'm the silent parter ($). I have a secret love for all things breast.

Who said anything about women??? I'm talking about chicken...

I think he was talking about female chickens

Job well done

WinnieTheKhwai

you are now unofficially the hooter spotter.

Keep up the good work

and be sure to keep us posted.:jap:

I will. Hooters' official policy is to not announce of discuss new stores until they''re there, so there's not much in the way of links or billboards.

Building a restaurant and getting permits and licenses is a tough job. Taking a page from a bureaucrat's book, we cannot confirm or deny if we are coming to your city until the restaurant is well underway. By then you'll know it's a Hooters. Please note: no one at our Hooters Hotline will be able to answer this question, so please save yourself time by not asking them.

( http://www.hootershotline.com/ )

Likely there will be a backlash from stuffy local politicians. The waiting is for cries of how this is contrary to Thai Culture. I think they will quickly lose interest after making some token statements, when it sinks in that it's not too different from what's on display every evening at Big C food center beer areas. Or any Thai resto with beer girls, etc.

I'm actually waiting for the cries about globalisation.. Guess this doesn't quite hit the same nerve as does Mc Donalds or Starbucks. ;)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Let's hope Winnie is right here's a post of mine from a few years back;

Posted 2007-07-06 12:47

Walking up moonmuang soi 9 yesterday at the top end I noticed a sign with a large cartoon pair of breasts and hooters chiang mai written on it - the sign on the shophouse says that it is opening soon. It might be interesting, I can see myself having a couple of swift ones before picking the boy up from school if it's anything like it's American namesake, anyone got any more info?

Nothing ever came of it :(

Of course it is not confirmed officially or opened in reality yet, but for anyone with navigation deficiency, from the superhighway go north (as indicated above) in the direction of Maejo and Phrao to the next traffic light. As you cross on the green keep in the left lanes. You will see in the mess of buildings a garish McDonalds - only blindness will protect you. Turn left immediately beyond McDucks and find your way to parking, which may be 1/4 km straight ahead.

This is not an area of tourism for farang so much as the center of many western expats. In ten years, it will be considered part of the essential central city. Construction going on every which-way.