Farang Food Store

jonny48

You could also have a look at Tesco Lotus at the Rama 4 end of Soi 26 if you have the time. They stock Tesco brand goods like tea bags, marmalade, jam, not sure about mustard as never looked. Cheaper than the imported UK brands they have at Villa, but its all down to your taste.

And, gee golly, there's also the market on the penultimate floor of Emporium across from Villa. But Villa is by far the best in Thailand. They have Coleman's, too. And baked ham and Branston Pickle Relish. And a great sharp cheddar.

Not bad info for a stoopid yank, huh? biggrin.gif

And, gee golly, there's also the market on the penultimate floor of Emporium across from Villa. But Villa is by far the best in Thailand. They have Coleman's, too. And baked ham and Branston Pickle Relish. And a great sharp cheddar.

It's golly gee... but otherwise...

Great colemans, cant stand that mild french stuff they sell in tesco.. :bah:

Anybody know where to get good English Muffins (Thomas's) or Bagels in Bangkok? I have been to a number of places that have an assortment of fresh bread products but never see these nor do I see Rye Bread.

• 2 months later...

Hoping to find an extra sharp cheddar but no luck. Also shop at Villa quite often, usually at Ari, but never noticed any sharp cheddar there - unless they have it marked as something else. BTW, anyone know if you can get Port Wine & Cheddar here? Think I saw some in a small container/can at Emporium some years ago.

Edited by snooky

Foodland, Sukh soi 16 (fork soi off Thanon Ratchadaphisek opposite Asoke).

Cheaper than villa, free home delivery and plenty farang stuff.

Forgot to mention, if you do not know, that Foodland Soi 5 is closing for refurbishment ~ 13/14 this month. Probably will re-open Oct / Nov 2011.

Hoping to find an extra sharp cheddar but no luck. Also shop at Villa quite often, usually at Ari, but never noticed any sharp cheddar there - unless they have it marked as something else. BTW, anyone know if you can get Port Wine & Cheddar here? Think I saw some in a small container/can at Emporium some years ago.

The Villa I usually go to is Suk 11 and they have sharp cheddar under the Mainland brand. They call it 'Vintage' though not extra sharp, the stuff I have is in a gold and black package and is aged 18 months and ~180 Baht. They also sometimes have a California sharp cheese for 105, but it's not that sharp and not as good for eating by itself