Motorcycle Hire - Chiang Mai

Davepaulday

Hi,

I am trying to find a good rental company to hire 2 Kawasaki ER6N's for 11 days from the 28th of february 2011.

I am flying from London and can not seem to get through to any of the companies advertised on GT Rider or in the Lonely Planet guide.

I am looking for as much info on hiring the bikes as possible, including:

What to expect?

How much to pay?

what spares will come with the bike?

What happens if they break down?

What insurance cover will they come with and what will I need?

Is it worth bringing my own helmet or hiring it there?

Can I hire panniers for the bikes?

But most of all I just need either a contact number or email address for a good rental company.

Thanks for your time.

Dave

Best you bring your own helmet and gear.

I have only rented bikes in Pattaya & Phuket, when in Chiang May the only bikes I could get to ride that were any good was a R6 & R1 and was for a test ride only, :lol: :lol: mostly only 125 moped wave thingys for hire there.

Maybe someone will come on with some info, good luck.

Edited by Kwasaki

Best you bring your own helmet and gear.

I have only rented bikes in Pattaya & Phuket, when in Chiang May the only bikes I could get to ride that were any good was a R6 & R1 and was for a test ride only, :lol: :lol: mostly only 125 moped wave thingys for hire there.

Maybe someone will come on with some info, good luck.

There is alot more available than 125 mopeds if my memory serves me rightly - (I was there last year) I recall one such place quite near the centre of town (its a type of one ring road around the centre???!!) that has a stack of ER650 Kawasakis, D Trackers and KLX 250's =- perhaps one of our learned friends knows the name of the place?

If you live or have ever been to Chiang Mai and take even the slightest passing notice of bikes this place is clearly visible - sorry Dave, I didn't ,make a note of the name cos I know where it is for next time.

Someone must know the name!

I just asked the other day for the price to rent a Kawa Er6n at this place on Kotchasan Rd. between Aroon Rai restaurant and Loy Kroh road and was told 1200 bahts/ day and 1000 bahts/day if you rent it for 1-2 weeks.

Bike rental

Several places have big bikes, and yeah for the prices above. The bikes won't break down but if they do you will call the rental company and they'll come pick you/ the bike up. I can't imagine this being necessary though - unless you crash the bike. Plenty of places everywhere in Thailand to fix punctures, these bikes are new so they won't have mechanical problems.

- Bring your own gear if possible - they won't rent you a good helmet.

- Never seen a rental big bike with panniers.

- Ask about insurance - might be a good idea to choose a place that offers insurance. I don't know which shops do though..

Edited by nikster