Tooth Implant Surgery In Chiang Mai

0zz1

My mother is coming to visit me next month and wants to do tooth implant here in Chiang Mai.

Recommended places?

How much we should prepare paying?

How long does it take?

I found the Dental Land website online and I know where it is. They prices are pretty much the same as back home (Finland), unless they are a lot better... then might as well do it back home, Elite seems to be a little cheaper...

Can this surgery be done during 1 month period of time with all checks etc... I think we have xrays already from Finland and can send them before hand.

Thanks, Ozzi

2 years ago at the Chiang Mai dental hospital on the Super highway I was quoted, 800000 baht for a full set.

Probably looking at near to 1 million baht now.

Was told the process involves sinking 20 metal posts that hold the teeth into each gum, top and bottom and should last about 20 years.

This is something perhaps that a film star or wealthy person may have, well out of my league.

Hi

You don't indicate how much it would cost in Finland, but from my recent enquiries it was cheaper to have an implant done in Thailand than it was in Australia, and that also took into consideration flight costs. However that was in Bangkok. It might be worth comparing prices in various hospitals. I have always found them to be quite accomodating when giving quotes.

I was advised that a month should be considered between having the post set and the implant fitted. I assume that because x rays have already been taken the assessment of whether a bone graft is needed has been done.

Good luck

Howard

Edited by cdnvic
removed text formatting for readability

Just had some implants done on my lower jaw, and the cost averaged out at around 65.000 a tooth. I will be going back to the Chiangmai Dental Hospital in a couple of months to have four implants in the upper jaw, and the price quoted was 250.000 baht for ceramics. The titanium implant sockets need to sit for between three and six months before they will attach the actual prosthetic tooth.

Dental Land 50-65k

Elite 45k+

but if it takes more than month then its not possible and anyway the price in Finland is around 1,800 eur which is today around 72k so its not like saving any serious money here anyway.

Dental Land 50-65k

Elite 45k+

but if it takes more than month then its not possible and anyway the price in Finland is around 1,800 eur which is today around 72k so its not like saving any serious money here anyway.

I had looked into this before and seems 50-70k is the average range. The issue are the implants themselves as they have to be imported and as such would be at least the same price for the devices as in ones home country, perhaps more due to duty/taxes. The savings comes in the labor but not a significant savings overall would be my guess.

Dr. Supatra with SS Dental Clinic on Nimenhimen. Next to Warm-up Nar. She says it can be done in 1 day, but she requires a 4 month minimum. There is now a Thai post avaiable for 45000, but normally Swiss or American for 50-60K. she is a Professor of dentistry at CMU. I was sent to her by funsabai for gum issues.

Edited by Thighlander

I had it done at Dentaland. It definitely takes more than a month. The hole that gets drilled in your jaw has to heal. That takes more than a month. And if it doesn't heal strongly, the dentist won't install the implant. For what it's worth, the dental surgeon did an excellent job. I've had nothing but good experiences with Thai dentists.